split hpf issues?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking to include some high pass filters ina mixer project. It has occured to me that while I need a 24dB slope on the main music source, another bus for mics and returns (sources already filtered 12dB within the audio range) would be fine with just an extra 12dB roll off added at 'subsonic' frequencies.

It seems to make sense to split the filtering for the main music source also, using a 12dB SK filter for the main music signal then further 12dB octave at the same HP frequency on the master mix output. I then have my 24dB slope for the music source and full 24dB below the lower high pass frequency for the other sources, and save on a few components. Perhaps I should add that the main music source is split by a crossover and processed before being mixed together and fed to the master mix section.

Are there any possible issues with splitting up the filters in this way? My thoughts are that it's common for music signals to pass through various stages of filtering with eqs, coupling caps etc etc so it shouldn't be a problem, right?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.