My First LM3886 GC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, im using the Schematic that i found in the Datasheet of the LM3886, its how i draw it

http://www.proyectosdiy.com/_tmp/sch.pdf

and i draw the PCB using just one side in that way

http://www.proyectosdiy.com/_tmp/pcb.pdf

can someone please tellme some tips about the Sch and PCB?

i dont know if can add something to the schematic to get it sound better.

or if can fix something in the PCB, im now on this :)

Thanks in advance

Hi Samsagaz,

May I propose the attached PCB Layout..
I didn't built it myself... purchased local from an Indonesian supplier here.. but probably you could try to implement it...

It sounded really good... I'm using some Riken MetalFilm 0.5 Watt resistors and some Elna RE3 blue capacitors 1000 uF/50V (for power supply smoothing caps on C 9 and C 10).

And instead of placing 0.1uF MKM poly cap on C7 and C8 also installed additional Elna RE3 blue capacitors 1000 uF/50V on C7 and C 8 position and then putting the 0.1uF cap below of the PCB at the feet of these additional 1000uF caps...

Good Luck!!

Attachments

• lm3886 pcb.jpg
    lm3886 pcb.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,679
Dino-Indo said:
Nope... just follow the silk screen/top face of the PCB (the green one).. So the lay out will be + - - +
:D
Good luck!!
thx
btw i also have this pcb n still in progress

my problem:
honestly i have 3-4 part that they included but not in pcb....
n i dont know how to install them
ex:
- C4: 47pF-50pF = that seems not in the pcb..

- C5,9,10: 100uF/50V = where i install this part? replace with 1000uf?

- R4, R6: ??

samsagaz. Build a simple gainclone first, get to know the pin layouts intimately. Then start to experiment with different resistor feedback values, cap values etc.

I have just spent the best part of 2 days trying to make my second bridged gainclone (first was with LM3886's, this time with LM3875's). No sound, then lots of noise, then no signal input, rebuilt the thing 5 times ! Just got it working and it sounds fantastic (of course) I can go and eat now !.

Puffin said:
samsagaz. Build a simple gainclone first, get to know the pin layouts intimately. Then start to experiment with different resistor feedback values, cap values etc.

I have just spent the best part of 2 days trying to make my second bridged gainclone (first was with LM3886's, this time with LM3875's). No sound, then lots of noise, then no signal input, rebuilt the thing 5 times ! Just got it working and it sounds fantastic (of course) I can go and eat now !.

well, i already made an GC, but not from the sctatch like im trying now :)

my problem:
honestly i have 3-4 part that they included but not in pcb....
n i dont know how to install them

R4 and C4 put in series are feedback. You don't have to use those. I think you use a single feedback resistor (in this case R5) OR try R4+C4 in place of R5.

Other components you mention are clearly marked on the image attached by dino-indo. As of C9 and C10 you can try different values: starting with 100,120,220,1000 even 2200 uF

Dino-Indo said:
Hi Sneih..

Please find attached the schematic that I got from Mr. Alex P of langsungjadi.com...

Hopefully it would be useful for your reference,

Kind Regards,:D

Edits said:

R4 and C4 put in series are feedback. You don't have to use those. I think you use a single feedback resistor (in this case R5) OR try R4+C4 in place of R5.

Other components you mention are clearly marked on the image attached by dino-indo. As of C9 and C10 you can try different values: starting with 100,120,220,1000 even 2200 uF

thx friends 4 ur support

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.