LME 49811 Project?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's an LME49811 Project which I sent out to the proto-house yesterday afternoon -- I was really thrilled at the results of an amp build with the LM4702 and the Sanken STD03N and STD03P -- self compensating Darlingtons -- but the LM4702 topology isn't quite as "adaptable" as the single LME49811. The Sanken's were very stable:

I used the noise-gain comp circuit -- we will see how this works compared to the originally recommended cap between the COMP and SINK pins:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and a 3D image:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Jack,
May you compare SAP15 and STD03 series from Sanken except the emitter resistor? Do you think their sound quality comparable?
And another question;
You mentioned "but the LM4702 topology isn't quite as "adaptable" as the single LME49811". What do you mean? As I read theyre very close components.. 49811 may described as single channel 4702 as I understand.. But what differences do you see between them?

The LM4702 is dual -- the LME49811 seems to be an identical single version. I find it easier to deal with the single version for boards that I sell on the webstore as folks find them easier to deal with in the various permutation of heats sinks they have available. The dual kind of pins you in to a specific heat sink configuration -- especially if you're driving MOSFETs in which the lead length is critical.

jackinnj said:
The LM4702 is dual -- the LME49811 seems to be an identical single version. I find it easier to deal with the single version for boards that I sell on the webstore as folks find them easier to deal with in the various permutation of heats sinks they have available. The dual kind of pins you in to a specific heat sink configuration -- especially if you're driving MOSFETs in which the lead length is critical.

Dear jackinnj,

Why not go with the LME49810? which have a higher slew rate? A very accurate and handy clip indication and baker clamp with good clip behavior without saturate your transistors. I've got wonderful results with this chip together with the STD03's ;)

With best regards,
Bas

nrg2009 said:
Jack,

I looked at your web-store. Are you thinking about offering a complete kit for the LME49811? It seems like you are geared more toward the advance user?

Thanks!

PansonHK has some boards he's going to be offering -- I haven't corresponded with him but they look to be of a nice modular design for use with all 3 of these skinny-pin chips. It would appear that you can use a variety of output devices as well.

A friend of mine has just got a gainclone based on the LM4702, but I need more power, a dual-mono version using the lme49811 would be the perfect choice, right?

nrg2009 said:
Jack,

I looked at your web-store. Are you thinking about offering a complete kit for the LME49811? It seems like you are geared more toward the advance user?

I could be interested too :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.