LME 49811 Project? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th April 2009, 01:24 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

I use Ultiboard -- the only reason I have a webstore is to pay the danged license and fees.
Old 10th April 2009, 01:30 PM   #12
Dxvideo is offline Dxvideo  Turkey
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Dxvideo
Jack,
May you compare SAP15 and STD03 series from Sanken except the emitter resistor? Do you think their sound quality comparable?
And another question;
You mentioned "but the LM4702 topology isn't quite as "adaptable" as the single LME49811". What do you mean? As I read theyre very close components.. 49811 may described as single channel 4702 as I understand.. But what differences do you see between them?
Old 10th April 2009, 02:00 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

The LM4702 is dual -- the LME49811 seems to be an identical single version. I find it easier to deal with the single version for boards that I sell on the webstore as folks find them easier to deal with in the various permutation of heats sinks they have available. The dual kind of pins you in to a specific heat sink configuration -- especially if you're driving MOSFETs in which the lead length is critical.
Old 13th April 2009, 08:10 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jackinnj
The LM4702 is dual -- the LME49811 seems to be an identical single version. I find it easier to deal with the single version for boards that I sell on the webstore as folks find them easier to deal with in the various permutation of heats sinks they have available. The dual kind of pins you in to a specific heat sink configuration -- especially if you're driving MOSFETs in which the lead length is critical.

Dear jackinnj,

Why not go with the LME49810? which have a higher slew rate? A very accurate and handy clip indication and baker clamp with good clip behavior without saturate your transistors. I've got wonderful results with this chip together with the STD03's

With best regards,
Bas
Old 13th April 2009, 02:11 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

It's a trade-off of simplicity and THD% vs stability and SR.

You'll have to ask the fellows from National Semi, but it was my impression that the LME49810 was designed a bit more for PA applications, the LME49811 a bit more for high end AV.
Old 4th May 2009, 03:36 AM   #16
nrg2009 is offline nrg2009  United States
diyAudio Member

Jack,

I looked at your web-store. Are you thinking about offering a complete kit for the LME49811? It seems like you are geared more toward the advance user?

Thanks!
Old 4th May 2009, 12:10 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by nrg2009
Jack,

I looked at your web-store. Are you thinking about offering a complete kit for the LME49811? It seems like you are geared more toward the advance user?

Thanks!
PansonHK has some boards he's going to be offering -- I haven't corresponded with him but they look to be of a nice modular design for use with all 3 of these skinny-pin chips. It would appear that you can use a variety of output devices as well.
Old 4th May 2009, 01:01 PM   #18
Telstar is offline Telstar  Italy
diyAudio Member

A friend of mine has just got a gainclone based on the LM4702, but I need more power, a dual-mono version using the lme49811 would be the perfect choice, right?

Quote:
Originally posted by nrg2009
Jack,

I could be interested too
Old 25th August 2013, 04:05 PM   #19
chicks is offline chicks  United States
diyAudio Member

Just got the September copy of Elektor, which features a 200W monoblock design using this chip. Specs look pretty good...
Old 27th August 2013, 11:21 PM   #20
rsavas is offline rsavas  Canada
diyAudio Member

They should have used 3 pairs of those TO-3P devices!!

Hide this!Advertise here!