New clone born

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, you really need to be a rocket scientist to work out the controls. ;) Hoo-boy!
I notice you have the heatsinks horizontal. Given the size of them it probably doesn't matter in this application, but they will work somewhat better if the fins are vertical. I'm dying to hear a gainclone run. Glad you like it.

Thanks for the advice on the heatsinks. I will definitely switch them around. They barely get warm, but every little bit can help.

This project is so easy its almost a must for anyone who wants to get into this hobby.

The best thing about the gc was the price. Every part was bought from Radio Shack except for the Cardas posts and the Avel transformer. I'm gonna build another one with boutique parts and proper construction techniques for comparison, but for newbie ears I suspect the change will be minor.

Keep your prototype and after your done with your "boutique" version, experiment by throwing all kinds of various components in to it. Change your power supply, input or output components, most anything is possible with this amp. This has really helped me better understand how certain components affect the sound of your equipment.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.