how to balance two operational amplifiers connected in parallel ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Balance

tiltedhalo said:
High power OP Amps or small signal? Basically the same applies to both. The gains have to be very closely matched, resistors of .01 to .1% tolerance in the gain loop and inputs, same for the parallel out they must have a current sharing path low ohm precision resistors, or the inclusion of a DC servo circuit.

tiltedhalo,
Thanks for your prompt reply on this thread.
I am using small signal Op amps like 5532 in my modified deck`s playback circuit.It would be a great help if you could submit an explaining schematic diagram as I couldn`t get a clear picture on your posted answer.

Mikewong said:

Yes I have to admit that this combination improves all aspects of the sound qualities with the sacrifice of the adnormal over heating of the op amp that soldered on top.

Actually, I was being sarcastic. I don't know who "designed" this mod that you're using, but the whole situation sounds like a case of the "the blind leading the blind".

My advice is put it back the way it was before it quits working. An unmodded device usually sounds better than one that doesn't work.

I_F

Re: parellel

tiltedhalo said:
If you could post the circuit used I can give you a better idea of what you will need. Small signal op amps tend not to be forgiving of out of balanced operation, one will most always dump current potential to the other, sooner or later one will give it up.

The attached file is taken from Aiwa XK-S9000 playback circuit.
Hoping that this circuit might help.

The IC intended to modify is 101.

Attachments

• xk_s9000 c_playback.gif
    xk_s9000 c_playback.gif
    45.4 KB · Views: 175
Re: Re: parellel

Mikewong said:

The attached file is taken from Aiwa XK-S9000 playback circuit.
Hoping that this circuit might help.

The IC intended to modify is 101.

I think you are rather confused? Maybe you have read about putting DAC chips in parallel to reduce errors?

You CANNOT do this with op-amps - it would be like connecting two batteries with slightly different voltages in parallel - they would fight each other!

you could (in theory) lift up the output pin and connect (say) a 100R resistor in series with each one then joined to the load.

But what is the point? What problem are you trying to solve?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.