Commercial complete Gainclone kit for a beginner? - Page 20 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd May 2008, 02:50 PM   #191
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Quote:
Originally posted by Bluto
Despite that it does not provide what was initially asked for.
So what other specific info do you need?
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 3rd May 2008, 03:01 PM   #192
gychang is offline gychang  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I have to say this.

I've been told at least 30 times since this thread started to 'read..., read...,read... .

Nuuk - to the best of my knowledge you have the finest website on the net regarding gainclones. Despite that it does not provide what was initially asked for.

Before this is over, someone will do just that.

As the author of this thread, Bluto seems to understand the best the initial intent of my post.

my t-amp clone amp does not have enough power to drive my speaker in the moderately large room. I need about 50W/ch to drive my 8"(fullrange Pionner speakers 8Ohms-I cheated and added a tiny tweeter) DIY speakers. Not to divert attention, speaker build has been detailed here:

Pioneer 8" build, the Chang variant

----
Click the image to open in full size.

Unfortunately I am an electronics dummy, can not read schematics at all and at my age with limited time, not an easy task. I need to build GC to drive these but would like "absolute dummy pictorial guide"

gychang
Old 3rd May 2008, 03:08 PM   #193
Bluto is offline Bluto  United States
diyAudio Member

Absolutely amazing!!

Greg - I was over at full range speakers and was just going to address a post to you asking for help to give these guys some perspective.

They don't seem to get what 'doesn't know' means.

Tell the truth now and don't leave me on a limb. Do you have audio questions that in your own mind are so dumb you don't even bring them to the forums but call Best Buy instead?

Thank You!

Bluto
Old 3rd May 2008, 03:09 PM   #194
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gychang
I need to build GC to drive these but would like "absolute dummy pictorial guide"
Have you seen this online manual: http://audiosector.com/nigc_kit-users_guide.pdf

If this isn't the "absolute dummy pictorial guide", I don't know what else could be?
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 3rd May 2008, 03:19 PM   #195
Nuuk is offline Nuuk  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Greg - I was over at full range speakers and was just going to address a post to you asking for help to give these guys some perspective.

Tell the truth now and don't leave me on a limb. Do you have audio questions that in your own mind are so dumb you don't even bring them to the forums but call Best Buy instead?
Well please help 'these guys' to understand then. Give us one such question and let's see if the answer is really not out there somewhere!
Old 3rd May 2008, 03:22 PM   #196
diyAudio Member

Peter -

Yours is one of the manuals I've read more than 4 times.

You have a great product, no one can dispute that.

It would take more time than either of us have for me to tell you what it needs to be 'newbee friendly'. Thats not a cop out on my part, just fact, I'd put thought into it in the past. I'd also wondered were the time available for either of us if the additions or changes I'd have wanted to see put in would not confuse veteran builders. Seems there ought to be a compromise in there.

FWIW Yours was obviously pretty well thought out and in my opinion the best I've read.

Yours is a goal amp for me.

Bluto
Old 3rd May 2008, 03:24 PM   #197
diyAudio Member

To set the record straight, the manual was written by Brian Bell and Sandy H.
Old 3rd May 2008, 03:24 PM   #198
Account disabled at member's request

Bluto,

You want a childs pop-up book for GC construction?
Old 3rd May 2008, 03:31 PM   #199
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Yours is a goal amp for me.
So how about this: I will send free of charge LM3875 PCBs to all the guys in this thread with a 'Newbee' challenge and then start a new thread, where step by step, with proper pictures will explain how to build a complete amp, using basic and readily available materials?
Old 3rd May 2008, 03:37 PM   #200
diyAudio Member

Gychang -

See Peters post #194.

" If this isn't the absolute dummys guide I don't know what is".

I give up Pal ! I'm lower in the food chain than an 'absolute dummy'. You can't say I didn't try.

I am seriously laughing out loud and wishing I knew these guys personally. It would be near to riotous to see what it is they all 'don't know'.

I think I'm giving this a rest.

Bluto

Hide this!Advertise here!