transformer for my chip amp? - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd April 2008, 07:56 AM   #31
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by danielwritesbac
I know its a snubber, but the directions for that particular power supply don't specify the optimal configuration.

That is because each combination of ransformer, diodes, caps etc is different. You need to get out your 'scope and measure what you have before you can work out how to treat it. There are some very good references online for snubber design, I don't have any links to hand, but a google search should give you lots to learn about. Please do so.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 23rd April 2008, 09:25 AM   #32
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Hi Pink,
no need to Google the subject, just make it up as one goes along and camouflage it in gobble de gook to be sure no one other than the author can understand it.
Old 23rd April 2008, 02:26 PM   #33
dfdye is offline dfdye  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AndrewT
Hi Pink,
no need to Google the subject, just make it up as one goes along and camouflage it in gobble de gook to be sure no one other than the author can understand it.
. . . .and then throw in just enough random snippets of other peoples' legitimate recommendations to confuse the living snot out of the unsuspecting reader as to what is and isn't valid.
Old 23rd April 2008, 03:03 PM   #34
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dfdye
..........confuse the living snot out of the unsuspecting reader as to what is and isn't valid.
unfortunately, that is the problem with the WWW in general. We @ DIYaudio usually overcome it with peer review, but there is a limit.
eg. I said recently that Miller compensation only applies around one stage of amplification. I soon discovered my observation was unfounded. I won't repeat that mistake.
Old 23rd April 2008, 07:46 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkmouse
That is because each combination of transformer, diodes, caps etc is different. You need to get out your 'scope and measure what you have before you can work out how to treat it. . . .
Those components are that much different? Wow. Thanks for the advice! Will do.

Hide this!Advertise here!