Quick mute switch query..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just been googling this for too long with no joy..

I'm playing with a project which involves a virtual earth mixing section with mute switches. I am at present just floating the source end of the mix resistors, rather than switching them to ground. It's only 4 channels so I figured noise gain differences not to be a problem, especially considering the specific application.

Problem is, though I have the channels fed from buffered sources with blocking caps on the outputs I am still getting clicks when engaging the switches.
Is the problem low quality switches or is the problem dc on the mixbus from the opamp output/feedback network...? If the latter I'm assuming a cap on the mix bus would get rid? (Bipolar due to lack of bias?)
I'm a relative newbie and stabbing in the dark so forgive me.. :)

I'd appreciate it if anyone is around to give me a quick answer as I'd like to get some work done on this tonight while the mrs is out.. :)
Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.