Another victim of Nuuk - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th April 2008, 01:01 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Another victim of Nuuk

Nuuk...

Just thought I would let you know of another convert to chipamp ways. A mate has ordered an Audiosector LM3875 kit after listening to my Chipamp.com jobbie for a while. He now wants one for himself.
If you were into the network/MLM marketing lark you would be a winner, second generation converts.

I first saw the term gainclone whilst idly mooching through cyderspace and straying into Decibel Dungeon. After Googling the word, asking you some really dumbass questions (for which I apologise again) and a bit of reading about them, I eventually had a go at one myself.

It was the most ambitious project I had taken on, but with the help of the good folks on this forum nothing blew up and its played at least 12 hours a day ever since, and sounds way better than anything I've owned before.

Ive just ordered 8 diodes from Farnell for a playstation power supply, they have a 20 quid minimum order for card payments so I've got 2 LM3875s sat here to try a point to point one this time. Look what you've done!

Thanks
John
Old 13th April 2008, 08:40 AM   #2
Nuuk is offline Nuuk  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

If it was wealth that I was after John, I would set up GA - 'Gaincloners Annoymous'

I won't apologise for getting anybody hooked on the old chip amps although I must have at least one or two girlfriends/wives who would like to do something nasty to me if they could!

Seriously though, I'm glad you are happy and hope your friend is too. Apart from the enjoyment a GC brings to listening, the whole GC community thing is very enjoyable too, even if we do have to answer some dumbass questions ocasionally!
Old 13th April 2008, 09:52 PM   #3
Ropie is offline Ropie  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Another victim of Nuuk

Quote:
Originally posted by john blackburn I first saw the term gainclone whilst idly mooching through cyderspace and straying into Decibel Dungeon. After Googling the word, asking you some really dumbass questions (for which I apologise again) and a bit of reading about them, I eventually had a go at one myself.
Exactly the same here
Old 13th April 2008, 10:29 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Look who's turned up! Where are you now Mr P?
Old 13th April 2008, 11:22 PM   #5
Ropie is offline Ropie  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I'm in Northampton for a while but am off to Italy next week for an unspecified amount of time. I hear there's a healthy diy audio scene in Italy!

Are you still listening to those wonderful open baffles (Hawthornes??)?
Old 14th April 2008, 08:10 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Are you still listening to those wonderful open baffles (Hawthornes??)?
Yes I am and they are much improved since you heard them! Please remember to keep in touch by email whenever you can.
Old 18th April 2008, 09:52 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Very informative site.

I dread to think how much time you have spent building up its content. There are several projects I plan to build when my power amp is working.

I have recently moved from Somerset. Where abouts do you live?

Trip
Old 18th April 2008, 10:38 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Thanks Trip. Yes, it's a huge site and difficult to keep up to date. More so since I started to write for TNT as well.

I am in Burnham-on-sea. 'Seven miles of sand and a lighthouse on stilts ' as they say here.
Old 18th April 2008, 11:46 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

It's an effort I for one am glad you made. A few old bike injuries have come back to bite me in the a*se so I'm having a time rich, cash poor period.

I was at a pretty low ebb when I found your site and this forum, but chipamping has helped save what passes for my sanity. Something interesting that helps to keep the brain working and sounds good at the end of it. What's not to like?

Also thanks must go to Vikash for selling me the parts I needed and for his ported speaker design that I'm listening to a modded playstation through right now (Dreadzone) so thanks to MickF as well.

Oscar speech over
John
Old 19th April 2008, 06:41 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nuuk
Thanks Trip. Yes, it's a huge site and difficult to keep up to date. More so since I started to write for TNT as well.

I am in Burnham-on-sea. 'Seven miles of sand and a lighthouse on stilts ' as they say here.

I lived near Taunton.

Hide this!Advertise here!