They have arrived, PA150!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all...

First, here is 2 pictures of a assambled board:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

They have been playing daily at my home now since i got them and they do sound great, and works great! Heat is no problem, the servo-circuits keep each LM's dc-level to a minimum keeping them cool.

In fact I have a deliverance scheduled at 21 juli from a pcb-manufactor, 250 pcs. The differens from these boards is onboard regulators for the 15V, but mainly the layout is now non-inverting, instead of my current inverted once. This is to get the input-impedance to a higher level (47k). But, these 250 pcs is allready booked to a bunch of swedish forum-members. But if they work well then I will for shure order more boards and offer you guys.

Rendered image of board below:

So anyway, you'll have to wait a bit longer...

Hello Calle,

Due of waiting ... would you share your gerbers or even eagle files of both verions here (with/without 15V supply) ?

Do you have a link to your swedish forum to get some more impression to your board ?

Would be very nice if you would / could share it

Thanks in advance
artQuake

kanifee said:
Any news on how these are doing? really interested in these.

One up and running, not a complete board but still, they are working :)

I had no LM337T so the cables on the right side is extarnal -15V

Due to other lack of components I where only able to mount one section (of 3). I also had to skip the buffer at the input.

Im using TL071 instead of LF411 at the servo-circuit, works great. I have also skipped the resistor at the output, not needen when only one LM3886 is used.

Listening-impression is great and simular to rev 1. Although I have only used an mp3-player as source. The heat is no issue, you can easily thouch the LM3886 after 20 minutes of full volume and keep the finger there. I would guess it's temperature is arround 35 celcius.

Calle,
nice to see ... still my questions for once more:

Due of waiting ... would you share your gerbers or even eagle files of both versions here (with/without 15V supply) ?

Do you have a link to your swedish forum to get some more impression to your board / Layout ?

Would be very nice if you would / could / want to share it

I'd appreciate your answer
Thanks in advance

Regards
artQuake

lineup said:
Really great, CJ900R
Congratulations!

Where did you get those PCB, you said?

The boards are made by me in Eagle. Ordered the PCBs from www.pcbcart.com. A good source that is reliable and fast with good support.

Im still happy with the boards but have noot ordered any more. I will soon, but I have so much work now. Im working in Sweden one week, then in Belgium next week, and I will do so for 2 months time now.

Here is latest image of one board that I play on daily. External +/- 15V still since I have not ordered any LM337 yet.

CJ900RR said:

The boards are made by me in Eagle. Ordered the PCBs from www.pcbcart.com. A good source that is reliable and fast with good support.
Im still happy with the boards but have noot ordered any more. I will soon, but I have so much work now.

Calle - these boards look really nice. I am glad to learn that your project was successful.
Do you have any plans to offer these boards through a group buy or on your website?
Cheers!

dudaindc said:

Calle - these boards look really nice. I am glad to learn that your project was successful.
Do you have any plans to offer these boards through a group buy or on your website?
Cheers!

Thank you dudainc.

Yes I will offer them for sale at my webpage in the future (by using Paypal). I still have some work to do with the webpage and I need to order boards.

I will not arrange any groupbuy.

Cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.