Buiding my own multi-room amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I have been looking for a decent multi-room amplifier for a while but haven’t found anyone that meets my requirements (mainly low cost:D). I have read fine reviews of the Sonic T-amp and when I also saw that they are making a PC-version (a version that fits in a PC and is fed through a standard computer psu) of this amplifier I thought that this might be an easy solution for building my own low-cost "high-quality" multi-room amplifier.

My plan is to take 4 Sonic T-amp TIO boards connect them to a computer PSU and put everything in a custom case. I might add a relay board with a serial interface which would allow me to turn on/off each amplifier-board (for example in case I don’t want to play any music in the outdoor area) through my computer.

This will (I hope) give me a 4 zone amplifier that is controllable by a computer (just on/on for different zones) and will be able to put some good music through my ceiling speakers.

I just want to make a reality check with you guys before I go ahead and buy the stuff. Do you think it’s a good idea? Do you have any suggestions for improvements? Sound quality? Your comments are very much appreciated!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.