Chipamp with discrete output!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know this has been discussed before and there are a few schematics available out there but after searching for the Last 30 min I haven"t found what i am looking for....

I am looking for a Schematic that uses a TDA2030/2050 to drive a BJT output stage....

I have several TDA chips and I have some good High power NPN/PNP transistors and I was hopeing I could use these to make a Higher power amp (100w +) ....I was going to run the output stage at Higher Voltages (+40, 0v -40) to get more power...

Can someone point me twards a working schematic for this type of thing....

Thanx

http://www.st.com/stonline/products/literature/ds/1459/tda2030a.pdf

Here is what you are searching for. There is a schematic with discrete transistor output in the original ST datasheet of TDA2030. (but it is not with split supply...)

But keep in mind, that the absolut maximum voltage for TDA2030 is +/-22V. It is +/-25V for TDA2050, so for a 100W+ amplifier you need to construct a bridged one... For these chips you should forget the +/-40V supply...

Well I do have some lm3886 chips but I don"t have the proper Power transformer to power it at the moment but I do have a 12v 0v 12v AC transformer which would be good for a TDA2030/50 and I have a 28v 0v 28v 200vA transformer for the output stage...

I think the Voltage on the 28v 0v 28v transformer is too high for a LM3886 (+/-42v DC -No Load) but I suppose it would drop a few Volts under a load especially with an output stage sucking current which i suppose would be enough of a Voltage drop to keep the 3886 from burning up..... what do you think??

Got a schematic for a LM3886 with an output stage??

Thanx

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.