LM3886, mute question...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Short question. Is the cap in the mute-"network" really nessesary. Or is it just there to smoth out the mute function. Would a resistor to V- be enough to unmute the circuit?

What I can read from the datasheet it would be enough with the resistor, but I ask just to be shure.

Pls suggest me value of Rm for a power supply of 18-0-18v dc.

i have tried 22k, 10k, 5k, and 1.5k but its not getting unmute anycase.

However, when left opened, a little sound can be heard at full volume - indicates that ic is OK and under mute condition.

Guys, please help me on this!:sad:
Thanks!

Do you have any cap? Notice the negative voltage. Have you read the datasheet for LM3886? Everything is there.

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2013-05-21 kl. 20.37.05.png
    Skärmavbild 2013-05-21 kl. 20.37.05.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 243
Short question. Is the cap in the mute-"network" really nessesary. Or is it just there to smoth out the mute function. Would a resistor to V- be enough to unmute the circuit?

What I can read from the datasheet it would be enough with the resistor, but I ask just to be shure.

The resistor must be there all the time to "unmute" the amp. The cap creates a delay at startup. You should have at least 1 mA mute current so the resistor is calculated with this criteria.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.