twisted pear Preamp/other suggestions for Preamp kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all,

I am just looking to see if anyone has any experience/opinions about the kits that twisted pear audio sells. New to the DIY audio scene, I'm not really sure what type of value they offer or the sound quality that they'll maintain/produce. My budget for a preamp kit is only 100-250US since i am a college student and funds are tight, so if anyone else has any other suggestions or advice regarding a high value/good sounding preamp kit within that budget i would love to hear them. Being new to the subject of audio electronics and what not, i don't think i am ready to go pure DIY and use schematics and whatnot, but if anyone has any books or sites you think would be helpful, please feel free. Thanks a bunch, Luke

The Twisted Pear Audio kits are solid choices, excellent performers, and put together by members of this forum. Some (most) have been designed by the members of this forum. TPA is non-profit, and came into being a method of organizing a group buy.

The first thing to look up before putting together a kit is to make sure you are well educated on electrical safety.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.