Small AMP for Car Computer Help :) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th January 2008, 08:28 AM   #1
mbkowns is offline mbkowns  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to mbkowns
Default Small AMP for Car Computer Help :)

I need a car audio amp for 4 speakers. I would like to have a somewhat small one. Can you post some links to ones for sale built or not built. I would like to find one built for a good price. The input for this amp will be feed from a computer sound card. I have a car computer setup that is why I want a small sized amp. Also I would like to have a Potentiometer that I can mount in the car remotely to control the volume of the amp this is acutally something I can do after I have the amp etheir way.

Requirements
------------------

DC Power
Stereo input / more
4x100w output

Good price

What I have found
------------------------

AMP9
www.41hz.com

Class T MC 4x100-m
www.autocostruire.com

Thanks
Old 27th January 2008, 01:14 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

If you're looking for a physically small amplifier that's actually capable of its advertised power then, a solution that's both small and good is a tripath module like what you mention with Class T MC 4x100-m or similar. Tripath is actually a very durable and strong variety of Class-D amps, which are here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/forum...?s=&forumid=49

At the power output requirements you've quoted, here's a chipamp (your current location is the chipamp forum) with the potential to reach that point (if used in paralled mode): http://www.audiosector.com/lm4780.shtml There's also the Thompson amplifiers, which are quite aggressive and frequently used in cars (and Bose).

However, at those power output levels into car speakers (4 ohms?), each heatsink (per channel) will be as large as one of the tripath products you've quoted. I mean to say that 4x 100 watts of chip amps is going to be four times larger size than a tripath.
Old 27th January 2008, 05:54 PM   #3
mbkowns is offline mbkowns  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to mbkowns
Maybe I should change my first post.

4x100w peak
4x50 RMS

Hide this!Advertise here!