gainklone problems, maybe...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Peter Daniel said:
It is fine, although as I remeber Stereophile review they noted that 170VA supply was a limiting factor to the amp.

Well, John THOUGHT it was the 170VA supply that was the limiting factor, but that notion was incorrect, as stated by Yoshi in the Manufacturers' Comments.

<i>According to Junji Kimura, the designer, the anomaly appearing in JA's measurements is to be expected when the Gaincard is fed a continuous waveform. It is due to the very small filter/capacitor of 1000uF rather than the Humpty power supply itself.</i>

se

When I first started testing my gainclone, I notice a light popping occasionally, I never found out what it was attributed to because I have changed out every component several times except the the chips, transformers, and bridge rectifiers. During that time the problem has gone away so.... <shrug> Try checking your solder joints, change out your interconnect and plug the amp into a different outlet. All things I have found to cause popping problems, mostly from shorts or bad connections.

ok. if you saw how it is hooked up, you would probably just look at me and point at it...

some of the wires are even just resting where they should be, not even terminated or soldered. its probably just that...

i threw this one together in less than 30 minutes, so its probably just got issues. i'm going to put together another one today that will be GOOD quality, and i'll do two of them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.