TDA7294/7293 with reg input stage supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone measured the PSRR of the TDA7294 or 7293 with a regulated supply to the input stage. The PSRR in normal mode with common supply to input and output stage seems to be pretty poor.
I would expect such a regulated supply to be 'blue smoke' protected or BSP'ed , keeping in mind the reputation that these TDA's have for their affinity to emit BS or fireworks rather easily!

Is there any commercial application that reputedly keeps blowing , very easily ? Just curious.:)

Hi rocinstruments ,
My TDA7294 is still working after many switch on/off cycles . In fact it sounds quite nice. I'm playing around with it to see how much it can be improved . I'm expecting blue smoke at some point but I have not yet reached that. I'll probably continue experimenting as I have some more spare 7294's. Then when they are all gone I'll call it quits !:D

Note that a breakdown will have a very scientific reason and if the work around is applied it will not breakdown anymore. You did read about the 'substrate' issue mentioned in an earlier thread. That seemed to be the cause of most deaths. Taking precautions about 'relative' voltages of the power supply pins should keep the chip alive.
The other possible reason , sometimes harder to solve, is if becomes unconditionally stable in an implementation and oscillates at RF and self destructs. There maybe it could be just a pcb design issue , apart from circuit issues.
There is scope for lots of experimentation.
;)

PS. any chance of seeing the Marshall circuit and a picture of the pcb ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.