Chipamp w/crossover question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All - I'm building a pair of active speakers using chipamps. I want to use 3x LM3886 for the woofer (PA150 board) and a single LM3886 for each mid and tweeter. I also want to incorporate the crossover and house the whole thing in a compartment in the bottom of the speaker box. My question is do i power the supply board for the crossover ( Rod Elliott P05) directly from the transformer or do I come in after the bridge rectifier using DC from the supply for the chipamps? If so would I need lesser value smoothing caps on the board? (currently 2x 2200uF). Any other problems I might face?
Thanks for your help.

Hi,

There is no problem with sharing supply with LM3886 as long as you have regulator for crossover board. In addition you also get free pre regulation filtering from LM3886 PSU. But you might need a small heatsink for your crossover regulator because it need to drop quick a lot of voltage.

Regards.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.