Creative SBS 370 2.1 Speaker Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, welcome all friends,,
IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

1 year after buying my Creative SBS 370 2.1 it shows some strange problem. after turning on it, it give crystal clear sound. but after 10-12 second it give a big 'bump' sound and starts humming and the audio output decreased. after 'shaking' the subwoofer box for a few times, it sounds clear again but after 30 seconds the same situation repeat again. Creative serviceman says"It's unrepairable", is it really unrepairable??

well try to heat the ic by using hair dryer if you see some changeds happen when ic is heated change it some ics do fail after a while of work your problem is really very possible caused by ic fail when its heat increase

i do have question people do any one know what the replacement of yd1006 ic it is 18watt audio amplifier if any one knows please tell me

FRIEND PAWSA YOU HAVE THEN TO REPLACE THE ELECTROLIC AND CERAMIC CAP NEAR THE IC THIS IS ONLY THING THAT REMAINS ?ALSO YOU HVAE TO HEAT THE IC VERY WELL SO YOU CAN OBSERVE WHAT BAD CHANGES THAT HAPPEN IF NOTHING HAPPEN THEN WAGE YOUR WAR AGAINST CAPS CHANGE THEM ALL ......SO REALLY TDA2030 =YD1006 SO I CAN REPLACE THEM IN YOUR RESPONSIBILITY??:D

Hi Paswa,
I have a creative SBS 560 and I need to know how you managed to open the woofer.
The back plate comes out by taking out the 4 screws but not completely since 2 wires are still soldered to the woofer also the front frame is covered by cloth beneath which are the 4 screws.Any help is appreciated.

Hi Paswa,

I started searching the forum after my unit experience similar issues e.g powers up but no sound. Did you manage to find a replacement for the IC?

Thanks!

my unit is having problem with the right channel no sounds

I replace an open 4.7K resistor next to a transistor C945... check that resistor..

also I replace (2S)A1015 transistor, problem encountered before replacing this transistor is having no sounds output but have power...

hope this helps....

I have 2 units of this system...:)

^^ flat screw.... just like any other speakers grill snap on type... but it's hard to open the grill may damage some wood parts on box but it's OK it's just a minor scratches and deformation.... I think a wide flat scrapper can do the trick to balance the exerted force when opening....

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.