OPA2134 buffered

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have made buffered headphone amp with opa2134 opamp! Well the sound is great and everything but there is one problem. When I turn on or off the switch amp makes that nasty bum in headphones which is not very good. Any suggestions what could be wrong??

It is battery powered (2x9V) it has 2000uF per one voltage rail and the scheme is from here http://www.raymondaudio.nl/projects/project7/ampschem.pdf and instead of 1,5uF input capacitor I have 2,2uF and gain is down to 5.7!

Greating Ales

I'm glad... at least your experiments are going better than mine today... fried a small inductor this afternoon.... man! What a lot of smoke... it also killed the parallel resistor, which I don't have a spare for in my parts... Oh well, tommorrow is another day.

I am surprised you needed susch a big cap.. would have thought a few pf to nf would be enough.. but if it works :)

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaah just no time... I'm relaxing a bit by reading DIYAUDIO... I allready wound new stronger inductors... but heh the amp I'm testing is osscilateing just a little.... every 10 minutes I get the urge to go unscrew it, and look for the problem... But so far I am manageing to resist. Not to mention I took on some web projects that will keep me busy for 3 weeks again today... Jeez I should realy get a job again... its just so much less work when you have a boss.

PS, very cool build... I like everything except the toggle switch... too 1965, and always gets bumped into on position when noone is looking... keep an eye open maybe for a small round rocker switch, it would look neato.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.