black gate capacitors!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well,here I am again.I know,I know...
some of you gays told me: Do not start "tweaking it".but I heard so much about these "black gate capacitor" so I just "upgraded" my Gainclone LM3875.I got 4 1000mf 50v fk Black gate capacitors.and also I changed the regular twisted wires,the ones that are from the input(RCA) to the Volume control with "shielded"wires.the result was a sound so clean,that even my wife noticed the difference.I spent $110 for these capacitors,but let me tell you,these is well spent money.NO DOUBT!.I strongly recommend to everyone who are building Gain clone to use these Black gates capacitors.you will be amassed with the sound for sure!.I hear some people say after 50 hrs or so they will change the sound for even better.wow if like this is perfect to me,Imagen after 50 hrs.again guys if you can spend the extra $110, to buy these Black gate capacitors,just do it!.
if before I was happy with it sound ,Imagen now.
take care guys.
:cheers:

Gainclones deserve the best!

Well,I had the Panasonic FC 1500mf too!but as you said and many people too.the sound will improve after some hrs(200 hrs or so).after I put these BG caps,I immediately heard the difference"what a difference oh boy.:bigeyes:".now it is for sure that,Gainclones need the best parts no doubt! .since they use a few parts only,they should be the best,and the wires put them twisted and as close to the "metal chassis" as possible.I have done my homework here(I have read a lot).
Well .what else can I tell you than right now I am listen to some music and I am thrilled with the sound.I honest can not believe it can be any better than this... I just love it!:hbeat:
take care.

goldkenn said:
Black Gate is good but really too expensive which not easy to afford, I use Nichicon KZ, KZ claim to be the best replacement of Black Gate for real best buy reason, and I do get exciting result, plus KZ really far much cheaper then Black Gate.

The Nichicon KZ are fine caps. But there are newer caps out there. The most common are Panasonic FM. The harder to locate are the Z series of Rubycon.
Both of these are smaller and have lower ESR compared to the KZ. Since BG stopped production, there are reasons besides cost for not using the pricey BG.
This is for decoupling applications. For signal coupling applications, the N series BG caps are still top of the heap in MHO.

George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.