Breadboard fun!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Been working on some audio related projects for school (I'm an electrical engineering student).

I've seen this forum before, and today I had the opportunity to play around with a TPA1517 which I got from TI (yay for free samples :).

This is a nice little chip, needs only 12 volts and does about 6 watts. The 20 Pin DIP version fits perfectly on a standard breadboard, and doesn't need a heatsink if you're careful with it.

I hooked it up to these Realistic Minimus 5s I had lying around, and WOW, the sound is INCREDIBLE. These speakers can be incredibly bright on the wrong system. I'm using an EMU 0404 PCI as my source.

Pics:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Now it's time for bed, lest I stop listening to this song :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.