It's ALIVE!!! 3886 Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My first chipamp is going!

The poweramp and power supply modules are kits from EZAmps.com. I can't praise their kits more highly. There is a premium compared to the prices of other kits, but all of the electronic parts are included, even the heat sinks. IMO, this was key for me to complete my first effort.

I've had it going in a limited fashion for a few weeks or so, but I chased down the final 2 gremlins (hopefully).

1. The turn on thump kept popping fuses like crazy. I solved that with the Loudspeaker Protect Circuit from diyclub.biz. This thread was very helpful in connecting the board.

2. It was humming...a lot! The issue was my source (currently the only source I have). It is a laptop. It didn't occur to me that the AC power supply could introduce ground loop issues. Once I figured that out, it sings like a bird when it is running on battery.

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 584
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.