paralled/bridged LM3886

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Howdy.

Does anyone have any experience with this design?. The National semiconductor datasheets show it.

The one i'm thinking about building is shown on page 15.

It doesn't seem to hard to build. Anyone know what it sounds like or has built one before?.

Either that or i will build a simpler bridged version, but ideally i'd like to run a sub of it, so the more oomph the better.

Parallel ( 2 chips ) if you want to drive low impedance loads like 4 ohms at full supply voltage . Bridged ( 2 chips) for 8 ohm and more power . Bridged/ parallel ( 4 chips ) for more power into 4 ohms.
All seem to be good as you can see many people selling pcb's for these applications.

Does anyone run their BPA100 ( 2x LM3886 in parallel )at +/- 40 Volts ( no load voltage ) ? Using a 4 ohm load of course !

I tried mine at +/- 40 Volts that drops to about +/- 35 volts on load ( clipping ) and gets very hot . Any long term problems possible ?

Distortion seems slightly lower at higher voltage operation ( on the FFT ).
Cheers.

h3ad said:
how many of those boards do you have??
and if you have any spares would u sell/donate any?

i have never built a parallel/bridged CG before and it would be extra fun having 2 troubleshoot the circuit aswell:D

Hi.

I had 8 boards but they are allready given away. Sorry. But im working on a updated version, but I have splitted them into PA150-config instead.

I may be order some boards soon, but they are also made for surface components mostly.

CJ900RR said:
The BPA300 (found here at alex88's website) is one of the best sounding I have ever heard.

I've made my own boards and still have some left. But they need to be modded cause of oscillation issues. After some testing I've come to the conclusion that alex88's setup is better, two PA150-boards.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

You use this board for mono paralled/bridged configuration, or one board of stereo 3 x 3886 paralled only? Since from only the picture, I can't figure out where is the reason cause of oscillation issues, the layout should work fine but maybe not at optium, as you use SMD you can move the NFB componets much, more closer as almost direct connect on the LM3886's pins, however if it is a one board of stereo 3 x 3886 paralled it should still work fine, but if you use as a mono paralled/bridged, which way you do the bridge?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.