PCB makers in Bangalore, India - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th October 2007, 11:38 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default PCB makers in Bangalore, India

Hi Members,

I require some advice on the following:

I intend to construct a chip amp based on the STK412-170, as shown in the attached pdf.

I would like to know if there are any firms that can make the PCB, as well as the availability of the components mentioned to construct the amp.

awaiting your responses,

Thanks,

Nitin.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf stk412-170.pdf (61.6 KB, 141 views)
Old 25th October 2007, 05:22 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

There are some questions u have to ask yourself...

Why 180 Watts/Ch when 50Watts/ch in a minute is unpleasantly loud when listening in a large living room.

Why STK...
There are so many reasons not to use them except less component count.
A discrete amp will sound much better.
Suppose, somehow u source an STK and then blow it now or later, then u will have to buy one somehow. ICs are never made for long time due to new/better products.
This is never the case with transistors.

enough for now

Gajanan Phadte
Old 25th October 2007, 06:56 AM   #3
kesee is offline kesee  Australia
diyAudio Member

I just found this on the web.
very interesting DIY way of making your own pcb
I downloaded it from this web add http://www.fullnet.com/~tomg/gooteepc.htm

Regards KC
Old 25th October 2007, 07:35 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hi gmphadte,

Thanks very much for the response.

The main reason for choosing STK is for the less number of external components required.

I do understand that discrete component amplifiers sound even better, but unfortunately, I do not have the time and patience to assemble one.

As for the wattage, I thought of constructing the best possible amplifier, so that I can listen to music at low or moderate volumes with good bass and music quality.

Please let me know if there are any organizations that can make the PCB for me.

Please let me know of good alternatives as well, as you sound more experienced. I'm located at Bangalore as well.

Cheers,

Nitin.
Old 25th October 2007, 07:37 AM   #5
kesee is offline kesee  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi,

If you are planning to build very hi quality chip amp follow the lead on diyAudio Forums > Top >Amplifiers >Chip Amps >LME49810 - a new cousin for LM4702
Check this out I have change little bit of the original design by gmikol [ ]diyAudio Member
Old 25th October 2007, 09:27 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Please let me know if there are any organizations that can make the PCB for me.
Mahesh B.J.
Orion computers
366, 38th cross, opp 21st main,
4th T block, jayanagar,
Bangalore 560 041
India

bj.mahesh@gmail.com
orioncomputers@airtelbroadband.in

Phone- 080-26655442
Mobile- 9886092836

Besides making pcb from your file, they will also design an artwork if u want.
Also their charges are reasonable. (Cheap in International standards)

Quote:
Please let me know of good alternatives as well, as you sound more experienced. I'm located at Bangalore as well.
I am in Goa.
The two nice well documented amps are Symasym and DX amp. Read about them on the forum and decide which one u prefer.
If u ask me, both are good.

Kesee wrote
Quote:
If you are planning to build very hi quality chip amp follow the lead on diyAudio Forums > Top >Amplifiers >Chip Amps >LME49810 - a new cousin for LM4702
Check this out I have change little bit of the original design by gmikol [ ]diyAudio Member
This will be a better choice but not in our part of the world.

Enjoy.

Gajanan Phadte

Edit +/-54V is required for the STK. That makes it 108 Volts. This voltage is considered dangerous and is not for the inexperienced.
Old 26th October 2007, 08:57 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to linuxguru
I'd suggest doing a gainclone/chipamp instead of one based on STK hybrid modules. The TDA7294 is widely available and gives excellent results up to 50W+, and it can be bridged to give about 100W. There's also a Class-G version that can give over 100W. The LM3886 is slightly more expensive, but also gives great results. There are also very good op-amp + power drivers avilable today, like the LM4702/LME49810, which can be used to drive multiple external output power devices to give fairly high output powers (up to 250W is easily within reach).

My personal suggestion is the TDA7294, which is inexpensive (lots of devices can be stockpiled) and for which bare PCBs are readily available.
Old 26th October 2007, 12:07 PM   #8
Paswa is offline Paswa  India
diyAudio Member

if you're unable to make the PCB or unable do find the PCB Maker just to it in veroboard. I've made some high end amps in veroboard and this works very fine. can u tell the cost of the STK412-170 that u purchased coz I wanna make the circuit same
Old 27th October 2007, 07:23 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Thanks everone for all the valuable suggestions.

I have not purchased the STK412-170, I'm not sure of its availability in India, though its available online, for about US$30.

I just wanted to be sure of the PCBs and the full availability of all the components before I venture into this project

Linuxguru has made a wonderful suggestion of the TDA7294 chipamp. I too have been considering this chip for quite sometime.

A quick question: Would there be any difference in the quality/performance of amps made of monolithic chips, STK modules and discrete components?

Am also attaching the circuit of TDA7294 that mentions a "high efficiency circuit". I could not attach the entire pdf as its too big.

Please suggest if this circuit is good enough.

What is the opinion of assembling a chip amp on a generic PCB?
I believe there may be some instability due to oscillations etc.

Has anyone also come across a circuit that boosts bass & treble as found in some televisions with "super woofer" etc?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tda7294 - hi efficiency.jpg (60.1 KB, 394 views)
Old 27th October 2007, 07:43 AM   #10
Paswa is offline Paswa  India
diyAudio Member

you can make the high eff. circuit(TDA7294) but it is too complex. But you can make the circuit shown in Fig. 1 in the official datasheet. the PCB layout is also included in the datasheet

please keep my this request, if u buy the TDA7294, please inform me about the cost of that at : paswanath@yahoo.co.in

Attached Images
File Type: gif 1.gif (32.1 KB, 371 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!