Usps Sucks!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It seems the conditions are somewhat different here & there.

I've been always satisfied with the deliveries from UPS. (they are quite expensive though)

As to FedEx, mostly good but mis-delivered once. (luckily the small number of tubes were not so important)

Not many experiences with DHL.

freinds dont let friends ship from USA > CANADA by UPS.UPS is the one who sucks! rip off big time! they have their own customs brokers so it is in their interest to charge as much as possible at customs.

i prefer usps > Canada post because you only have to go to the post office to pick it up if you miss it, rather than to some depot in the middle of nowhere.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Here's another problem... In May of this year the USPS gave
up SURFACE MAIL SHIPPING... Boy was that a bargain !
Now they only ship to Canada and Overseas by Priority
Mail and Express Mail ONLY....
I've sent stuff to Canada where the post office states
6 to 8 weeks by surface mail they got in 1 week better
than Air Mail... Oh.. No more Air Mail they now call it
Priority Mail.... And expensive, to Europe, Asia and
Australia/ New Zealand and I lose sales because of the cost.
If anyone knows of a better way to ship Let US Know...
I use Bax Global for multiple box shipments and that saves
quite a bit from the post office prices...

Steve @ Apex Jr.

planet10 said:
Over the last 6 years....

Hi Dave,

Did you ever had problems with Canada Border Services Agency? One of my recent shipments (F3 boards) has been seized by Export Control Unit and following letter sent to me:

Attachments

• export1.jpg
    export1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 338
adason said:

I have story with fedex... [the camera was "misplaced" in the truck, with a forged receipt signature]

Fedex is starting to lose the plot. I ordered some UcD400s, and when they didn't get here I tracked the package to Memphis, where it was on "Clearance Delay". Phoned them up and got a whiny guy who claimed that "electronics" wasn't an adequate description, which amused me because by now Hypex should know how to ship Stateside. The Fedex dude also claimed they'd sent a fax to Hypex so they could clear up the matter, but when I asked him about the fax number they used, he said he "didn't have that". Uh-huh. I called Hypex later on and they never got a fax, phone call, messenger pigeon, or anything else from Fedex - as I suspected when they couldn't produce a destination number.

The guys at Hypex are working on it now. They haven't gotten an answer on their faxes either. The package was supposed to be here Monday. Tracking shows it's still in Memphis, still in "Clearance Delay". Maybe I'll get it next week.

Fedex Emeryville, which also serves Berkeley, is a true nightmare. When I lived there, an overnight letter from 50 miles away was delivered three weeks late, and another overnight to Canada took almost a week. I wish I could provide a good, or at least non-horrible, experience with them, but so far they're batting .000.

Meanwhile, shipments from Europe via TNT have all arrived on time with no hassles. Everything with them so far has Just Worked.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Apex Jr said:
Here's another problem... In May of this year the USPS gave
up SURFACE MAIL SHIPPING...

you are exactly the kind of business that i knew would be hurt by that move... it may well be enuff of a jolt to hurt the US Economy. I wonder how much that is contributing to the continuing crash of the USD (heck today $1 CAD = $103.5 USD... now that is hurting me (most of my sales are exports).

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Peter Daniel said:

Hi Dave,

Did you ever had problems with Canada Border Services Agency? One of my recent shipments (F3 boards) has been seized by Export Control Unit and following letter sent to me:

No. But mostly i've been shipping used speakers... something that would have little chance of being construed as potential for military use.

What did you call them that they got flagged as potentially military stuff heading to the middle-east (Austria might be considered a conduit country)

dave

I was waiting and waiting for my gainclone from Peter.it was supposed to be here on the 17th and they said they left a notice on the door.HA,HA,HA... I was all day the 17th,18th here just waiting for it and they never appeared.USPS SUCK!!!.:headbash:
Same service for me, i always get the orange note in my mailbox saying they came by and to rearrange a drop off or pick up at the post office. What a stinky mushy runny load!

Hi.I can not believe that it has been 48 days after i shipped about 10 different post by tracking number to USA and none of them has arrived! People are opening cases on ebay in USA.I posted them at December 2 and it still shows in transit!
I am sure that they left our country(I ship worldwide and they arrive safe and sound,for example it took 8 days to Sweden) but the packages that i sent in the beginning of December going to USA still has no update from USPS!For example RR267116522TR
But The packages that i sent on middle of December seems has arrived on USPS web site.(The packages that i sent later has arrived in USA but earlier packages still seems not delivered)
What can be the problem?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.