Hacking the Logitech Z5500

PRESKAR, Reply:
He he preskar jaz tudi; mogoč ti bo pomagala Shema od tistga VGA inputa

Got problem with HACK!!!

I making the new box for Hardware in i will use control panel without VGA
cable (direct link)

Some pics:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Ok i've conect every thig thogeter, and i don't get sound to AMP.
Control unit responce normal, input detect normal, Phones work, lline ine vork.... Only problem is AMP, i dont get the sound to Speakers... ???
What should i do?

I still need help with mine also. Could someone please help me. I have the old style rca plug z-5500's and my pod killed over. I bought a : D-Sub Hood D-Sub 15 Position Female High Density Vga Plug 3 x 6 ft 1/8 stereo shielded audio cables I'm guess since i only see 3 1/8" stereo jacks being used it is connected like so? 1) Front L/R channels 1) Back L/R channels And the last 1/8" stereo cable controls the center channel and sub? Can someone let me know what i am missing from this. Seems the center channel and sub hook ups are throwing me off.

I'm looking at turning my Z-5500 sub (springy clip) into just a pure sub and from what I've read I need to..

1) Pin 2 as center pin on male RCA with outer to pin 13 being ground.
2) Pin 6 to ground is to turn on
3) Pin 7 to ground is to un-mute

Now in the case of a POT, would that be installed between pin2 and its connector ?

Or am I completely off track ?

Does anyone know if there is a guide somewhere that explains how to improve the z-5500 shielding? I have one of those that make a loud popping noise when you turn lights on/off throughout the house and unfortunately I'm way beyond warranty...

That's not got anything to do with shielding, it has to do with a particular type of power supply filtering. Try 100nF capacitors across each diode in the bridge after the transformer, it shouldn't be as bad anymore.

What all would be needed for a European version (230v 50Hz) of the logitech z-5500 to work in the US(120v 60Hz)? I know a plug adapter would be needed but what about the voltage conversion and would the frequency difference even matter for something like this?
I'm new here and saw this post figured someone here could help. Thanks.

That's not got anything to do with shielding, it has to do with a particular type of power supply filtering. Try 100nF capacitors across each diode in the bridge after the transformer, it shouldn't be as bad anymore.

I thought it's some kind of shielding issue because I can hear the radio from time to time as well. But the radio is not as bad as the popping (and the 5 sec noise whenever the electric heating kicks in) so I might try that. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

If you pick up the radio the issue isn't in the system itself, it's in the cables you use to connect it to the computer. Buy some quality cables, and make sure that your computer is plugged into a properly grounded outlet. Lack of ground brings many nasties - i fried an onboard soundcard because of that.

Ah ok. The grounding should be good, I'll check the connection then (as I've heard it could also be the z-5500 connection to the control pod).
Thanks a lot!

ok i have been reading this thread for a long time and so far i have connected pin 2 to the RCA cable and pins 6 7 8 to 13, the sub turns on and when i connect it to my receiver there is a loud buzzing noise and when i unplugg it there is a low buzzing noise. can anyone help me get rid of it or tell me why its happening

ok i got the sub to recieve music but is it sooooo quite, here is my setup:

PIN 2 - PIN 3 connected to RCA center wire
PIN 6 - PIN 7 connected to PIN 13 and then connected to out RCA wire

can anyone tell me how to make it louder, i have it connected up to a reciever and i got the bass setting son the reciever all the way up but it is still really quiet

I have read the entire post, the central unit of my Z5500 works but analog and digital inputs do not work anymore. Currently, i use only the subwoofer conecting pin 2 directly to the output preout of my Onkyo SR-608 and works!. The pod volume control do not work anymore y i control the level sub with te receiver.

Was wondering if anyone had the schematics for making an amp wire to connect my z5500 system straight to my pc's soundcard , without using my broken control pod. Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated thanks

I was wondering the same thing, I was looking through this post and it seemed like most people were rewiring for an iPod, I have seen the custom cable but the person who made it didn't provide schematics because he was trying to sell it, do we just need to create a cable with the 6-channel cables wired to the correct leads off the db-15 cable or how would we go about doing that?

Thanks!!!
Blue