Hacking the Logitech Z5500

Logicrap subwoofer problem

Hi i also have been following this thread for a while i have a problem with my z5400 sub the amp i think has blown all the speakers have sound coming out but nada from the sub

there is not even a faint sound so i think the amp for the sub is blown and the amp for the speakers is still working.

at the moment i have the sub set as passive cut the cables to the driver and using the FL and FR to power it but it sounds awfull very low no bass

so i have bought a Mordaunt short ms409w bash amp that i will hook up to the driver problem is .

the amp only has low level line in so i cant connect it to the LF and RF speakers outputs in the z4500 i need to find a sub preout

can i get this from the dSub cable or does anyone know were i can pull a sub pre out connection from

i have included an image of the amp

Attachments

• MS409w amp.JPG
    MS409w amp.JPG
    8.4 KB · Views: 1,904
hello there everyone.

just came across this thread and still trying to clear up for myself all the good info everyone is supplying.

i would like to ask you a question before i start doing anything, as i dont have no speakers no ampl or anything but might consider getting some cheap podless z5500 that is available to me atm.

so my question is if it will be possible with these modifications you speak of to get the podless z5500 to work with a PC audio card , some 5 chann Creative for instance.

thanks

Hello,

Finally i have a podless z5500.
I just want to share my knowledge.
What i did is hooked up my z5500 speakers to me receiver. The receiver i use is a onkyo HT-R518 and it has a 5 channel output (5x 130 watt 8 ohm).
Also there's a sub pre out.
I bought a db15 cable and connected a rca cable to it.

I did this the following way:

- the + pin of the rca cable connected to pin 2 of de db15
- the - of the rca cable to pin 6, 7 and 13.

What i also did is i used a resistor, one i can set manually between 0 and 10Kohm.

This way i can tune everything on a verry nice way.
The receiver isn't THX certified but the sound is WAY and WAY better without the pod and instead of using the pod using the receiver.

Take a look at the pictures if you want.
Also modded my 5 z5500 satellite speakers :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Bye!
bless,

Sicco

Z-5500 Subwoofer

This is the second z5500 sub woofer I have modded to work without the control pod. The first one worked perfectly, but with the second I'm getting a lot of mid range frequencies from the sub woofer. Does anyone know how to solve this or have any recommendations? I thought about putting a treble blocker/low pass filter directly on to the sub line. What is the crossover frequency of the sub woofer?

A bit of Help

Hello!

My name is Xavi, I'm from Spain and I don't speak English very well; I hope you have a little bit of patience for me ;).

I have a Logitech z5500 with PID = R544 (with NO RCA read the subwoffer; the speakers are connected by wires directly).

My control center (POD) isn't working, I looked into this and I have found a chip Cirrus Logic CS42526 "burned". My POD is always "Detecting..." on the display :(.

I have searched a LOT by the internet to How to connect my PC to the subwoffer without using any POD. I have read a little bit this topic, but it's difficult to me to assimiler all the things. And i looked that you have post the PIN wires for RCA subwoffer. They are different wired.

My request :) :

- Does anyone "transformes" a non-RCA subwoffer to a PODLess system?
- Can anyone explain me briefly the steps?
- Which material/s I will need for this?

I will be very grateful to the responses.

I hope you will forgive me for my bad writing... But I prefeer write my own English than a automatic traducer, sometimes they doesn't work well.

Thanks!!

I add a Picture taken by me of my opened POD:

The names of colors are in Spanish; but I put the names of colors under every wire ;).

I put the voltage of every wire; the wires which doesn't have any voltage is because my tester doesn't give me any good result for this one.

I look that the people had connected satellites to an amplifier and then connect subwofer to the amplifier. I don't want that. I don't have any amplifier, only the z5500 system, and my amplifier will be the subwofer.

Thanks to all :).

OK, I'm trying to do that; I have some problems:

In the tutorial by lakata, there are two wires with 100Ohm, PIN11 and PIN12. Ok, but my PIN11 has got 3v :S. I believe my DB15 is a little bit different.. :mad:

I can't find PIN6 on the DB15. The wire has only 14 mini-wires into. My PIN6 is disappear. I can't turn ON the Amplifier.:mad:Or this is what I think... How can I know if my Amplifier is ON, if i d'ont connect any speakers.

Can anyone give me some help?

Thanks. :)

Yes, OK Adrian Vista.

I touch the inputs and only sounds the central speaker :S. Other speakers doesn't sound when I touch the wire :(. The enable wires are connected to GND and I have test to conect to 8v too; but other speakers doesn't sound...

I think that I will open my subwoffer to see if any is broken :(.

Thanks!