Hacking the Logitech Z5500

Hi guys,
I also have a podless set of Z-5500 (spring-clip vers.)
I bought a Pioneer receiver and hooked up the satellites from this set, and they are working great.
Now I need to connect the receiver to the amplifier on the sub.
By looking at the previous pin-outs, the SUB+ has to go to PIN2 and the SUB- to PIN13. SUB+ and SUB- are from the cable between the receiver and the sub.
I was thinking of drilling a hole in the back of the sub and install an RCA connector for this cable.

Then I will have to check the signal that comes from the receiver for the sub, for this connection, cause if it's too loud I might have to install a pot.

There is also a few more pins that need to be connected.
From previous posts I understand that PIN6 must be connected to PIN13 to turn the amp on.
Then PIN7 must be connected to PIN13 to unmute the Left,Right and Sub channels.
There is also PIN8 that when connected to PIN13 it does unmute for the Center channel. If that is true I will not bother with it.
Now, for these PIN6,PIN7 links to PIN13, I was thinking of installing an ON/OFF switch on the sub.

This is all I'm thinking of doing and I hope all goes well.
Does it seem right?
I gathered information from all previous posts, but there are 4 types of Logitech systems being discussed in this thread: Z-5500 (spring-clip vers), Z-5500 (RCA vers), Z-5450 and Z-5300.
A little bit confusing...

FinderRO said:
Hi guys,
I also have a podless set of Z-5500 (spring-clip vers.)
I bought a Pioneer receiver and hooked up the satellites from this set, and they are working great.
Now I need to connect the receiver to the amplifier on the sub.
By looking at the previous pin-outs, the SUB+ has to go to PIN2 and the SUB- to PIN13. SUB+ and SUB- are from the cable between the receiver and the sub.
I was thinking of drilling a hole in the back of the sub and install an RCA connector for this cable.

Then I will have to check the signal that comes from the receiver for the sub, for this connection, cause if it's too loud I might have to install a pot.

There is also a few more pins that need to be connected.
From previous posts I understand that PIN6 must be connected to PIN13 to turn the amp on.
Then PIN7 must be connected to PIN13 to unmute the Left,Right and Sub channels.
There is also PIN8 that when connected to PIN13 it does unmute for the Center channel. If that is true I will not bother with it.
Now, for these PIN6,PIN7 links to PIN13, I was thinking of installing an ON/OFF switch on the sub.

This is all I'm thinking of doing and I hope all goes well.
Does it seem right?
I gathered information from all previous posts, but there are 4 types of Logitech systems being discussed in this thread: Z-5500 (spring-clip vers), Z-5500 (RCA vers), Z-5450 and Z-5300.
A little bit confusing...

(((IF YOU STILL NEED HELP BUDDY JUST LET ME KNOW)))... I HAVE DONE THIS TO 6 Z-5500 SUBS TO DATE WITH THE SPRING CLIP (V)... SOUND PERFECT, WITH NO BULL @#$& CONTROL POD.

Hello Guys,

After TWO Creative G550W with problems, I Have changed to Z-5500. But again other PROBLEM. The Z-5500 doesn't turn on.

I have checked the fuse and it's ok.

But when I check 8V Line (Pin 10), the value is ZERO. But I can't figure out which components are present to delivery 8V line. I see two wires (blue) coming to a capacitor (0.1uF) with a AM152 (Rectifier bridge ?).

Anybody can help me?

Sorry for my english.

Thanks,
Miguel

Hey Guys I have this system too with the 15 pin and spring connectors and i was wondering if anyone could help me out how to get it to work without the controller! and show me what i will need! If you have pictures on how or a vid that would work too! thanks to anyone that can help me!

Hey Guys I have this system too with the 15 pin and spring connectors and i was wondering if anyone could help me out how to get it to work without the controller! and show me what i will need! If you have pictures on how or a vid that would work too! thanks to anyone that can help me!

I will be assembling my own db15 connector to 3 stereo jacks this weeken, i will let you know how it goes.

Hello,
Which pins exactly I am supposed to connect with myself and to which to sound the signal from the computer, if only for me oneself my z-5500 included. I am sitting already on it 2 weeks and I cannot with it advise myself, I have the old version of loudspeakers with the exit chinch to satellites. After joining pins 6 and 8 with himself wailing is heard around subwoofer. Really I ask you very much for the help. :(

From above thank you very much.
Ps. I'm sorry for my English, but I am writing from Poland.

I am greeting,
Mateusz

Does anyone still have their Amplifiers for the Z-5500?

I have everything except for the base unit (lightning strike took out the amplifier (and caught the plastic port on fire), so I need a new one. I think my controller should work still, it should be just the subwoofer enclosure with amplifier that I need.