Hacking the Logitech Z5500 - Page 45 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st September 2012, 09:48 PM   #441
diyAudio Member

hello

i have one question i have 2 subwoffers and one pod/controler. i just whant to connect the subb no speakes to she second sub. can i use this thingy
VGA Y-kabel > Splitter | Kjell.com

and simply remove som of the pins that goes to the pod?
Old 12th September 2012, 01:24 AM   #442
diyAudio Member

Hello,

So while shopping at my town's local thrift store for weird electronics like I typically do, I encountered a strange-looking device and bought it on the cheap. Turns out it's the control pod to a Logitech Z680 system (and in hindsight I should have looked for some speakers to go with it).

So now I have a Z680 control pod with no speakers to go with it. How difficult would it be to rig up an adapter to have it control a set of amplified speakers (so basically the opposite of creating a headless Z680 setup)? All I'm seeing in the thread so far is for headless speaker setups, while I'm looking for a speakerless head setup.

I'd imagine that the control pod is outputting signals for each channel, plus receiving power and maybe sending some other data (that's what it looks like from this pinout description here). The problem is that the preceding pinout doesn't mention anything about power, but would the colors correlate to the same (or similar) purposes in the Z680 and Z5500?

If all else fails, it sounds like these control pods are in short supply, so I guess I could sell it off.
Old 17th September 2012, 05:20 AM   #443
wendle is offline wendle  Japan
diyAudio Member

Default Z-5300

I noticed there was some question on getting the Z-5300 working without the remote pod in this thread. I got it working (sort of), but had to bypass the pre-amp section to achieve it. Volume levels and crossover will need to be done at the source. My Asus motherboard does this properly.
Old 17th September 2012, 07:56 AM   #444
wendle is offline wendle  Japan
diyAudio Member

Oh .... here is the link to the thread:

LOGITECH Z-5300 Without Remote
Old 20th October 2012, 10:50 AM   #445
diyAudio Member

I have a question I have the Z680 Logitech set and I want to use the sub with a Denon AVR 1612 what all do I need to do to interface it to the receiver?
Old 20th October 2012, 12:41 PM   #446
diyAudio Member

Hello

I have a problem with a Z5500.

The sub amp is generating umm.
Where is sub amp chips what needs to change.
Old 20th October 2012, 01:15 PM   #447
diyAudio Member

Hello
I have logitech Z5500
And sub amp is generating.
I think its tda chip but witch one?

Thanks to the help.
Old 25th October 2012, 02:47 PM   #448
diyAudio Member

It is 100 Ohm

Thank You,

Prasad
Old 29th October 2012, 06:01 PM   #449
diyAudio Member

Hi, had problem with z5500, only center channel work, the problem is TDA amplifiers are Muted, no +5v on white wire. Can't find how to fix this.
Old 12th November 2012, 05:51 PM   #450
diyAudio Member

Hello everyone.

I have recently been having some issues with my z5500 system and figured I would see if anyone here could offer up some advice to what may be causing my issue. Sometimes the system will start working perfectly on any input, and then randomly it starts to make a very loud popping noise out of the speakers. The popping noise will continue regardless if I turn the volume down or change input. Finally I lose all audio completely. Sometimes I can get the audio to return if I cycle through the inputs, but many times there will be no audio or the display will say 'Detecting...' even on inputs that aren't plugged in. Sometimes it will just shut off on and return to standby mode while this is all going on.

The PID on my set is R510. I would be willing to perform electrical tests and soldering to fix this issue if needed. I just don't know what to start.

Thanks in advance for any help offered up.

Hide this!Advertise here!