Hacking the Logitech Z5500 - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th July 2009, 06:28 PM   #101
diyAudio Member

Hi guys,
I also have a podless set of Z-5500 (spring-clip vers.)
I bought a Pioneer receiver and hooked up the satellites from this set, and they are working great.
Now I need to connect the receiver to the amplifier on the sub.
By looking at the previous pin-outs, the SUB+ has to go to PIN2 and the SUB- to PIN13. SUB+ and SUB- are from the cable between the receiver and the sub.
I was thinking of drilling a hole in the back of the sub and install an RCA connector for this cable.

Then I will have to check the signal that comes from the receiver for the sub, for this connection, cause if it's too loud I might have to install a pot.

There is also a few more pins that need to be connected.
From previous posts I understand that PIN6 must be connected to PIN13 to turn the amp on.
Then PIN7 must be connected to PIN13 to unmute the Left,Right and Sub channels.
There is also PIN8 that when connected to PIN13 it does unmute for the Center channel. If that is true I will not bother with it.
Now, for these PIN6,PIN7 links to PIN13, I was thinking of installing an ON/OFF switch on the sub.

This is all I'm thinking of doing and I hope all goes well.
Does it seem right?
I gathered information from all previous posts, but there are 4 types of Logitech systems being discussed in this thread: Z-5500 (spring-clip vers), Z-5500 (RCA vers), Z-5450 and Z-5300.
A little bit confusing...
Old 4th August 2009, 08:30 PM   #102
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FinderRO
Hi guys,
I also have a podless set of Z-5500 (spring-clip vers.)
I bought a Pioneer receiver and hooked up the satellites from this set, and they are working great.
Now I need to connect the receiver to the amplifier on the sub.
By looking at the previous pin-outs, the SUB+ has to go to PIN2 and the SUB- to PIN13. SUB+ and SUB- are from the cable between the receiver and the sub.
I was thinking of drilling a hole in the back of the sub and install an RCA connector for this cable.

Then I will have to check the signal that comes from the receiver for the sub, for this connection, cause if it's too loud I might have to install a pot.

There is also a few more pins that need to be connected.
From previous posts I understand that PIN6 must be connected to PIN13 to turn the amp on.
Then PIN7 must be connected to PIN13 to unmute the Left,Right and Sub channels.
There is also PIN8 that when connected to PIN13 it does unmute for the Center channel. If that is true I will not bother with it.
Now, for these PIN6,PIN7 links to PIN13, I was thinking of installing an ON/OFF switch on the sub.

This is all I'm thinking of doing and I hope all goes well.
Does it seem right?
I gathered information from all previous posts, but there are 4 types of Logitech systems being discussed in this thread: Z-5500 (spring-clip vers), Z-5500 (RCA vers), Z-5450 and Z-5300.
A little bit confusing...

(((IF YOU STILL NEED HELP BUDDY JUST LET ME KNOW)))... I HAVE DONE THIS TO 6 Z-5500 SUBS TO DATE WITH THE SPRING CLIP (V)... SOUND PERFECT, WITH NO BULL @#$& CONTROL POD.
Old 4th August 2009, 11:24 PM   #103
diyAudio Member

I've done the job successfully.
Working great with my Pioneer receiver, for 2 weeks now...

Thanks to everyone for all the information in this thread.
Old 28th August 2009, 04:58 PM   #104
diyAudio Member

Hello Guys,

After TWO Creative G550W with problems, I Have changed to Z-5500. But again other PROBLEM. The Z-5500 doesn't turn on.

I have checked the fuse and it's ok.

But when I check 8V Line (Pin 10), the value is ZERO. But I can't figure out which components are present to delivery 8V line. I see two wires (blue) coming to a capacitor (0.1uF) with a AM152 (Rectifier bridge ?).

Anybody can help me?

Sorry for my english.

Thanks,
Miguel
Old 12th September 2009, 12:31 AM   #105
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinderRO View Post
I've done the job successfully.
Working great with my Pioneer receiver, for 2 weeks now...

Thanks to everyone for all the information in this thread.
Hey FinderRO,

How is the sound quality when connected the receiver, is there a noticable difference than previously via the buildin Z5's amp.

Cheers!
Old 12th September 2009, 07:43 PM   #106
dede is offline dede  France
diyAudio Member

Hello,

Did someone find where are located the crossovers ?

Is there a way to mod the cut of frequency ?

Thanks

Anthony
Old 26th September 2009, 10:28 PM   #107
bail_w is offline bail_w  United States
diyAudio Member

I have a spring clip version of Z5500 without a controller pod. Can anyone tell me where to buy a DB-15 connector and a RCA cable that i can solder to the connector?
Old 29th September 2009, 08:34 AM   #108
diyAudio Member

Actually, can someone enlighted me how to connect my 3 stereo jacks cable to the db-15 connector?

Click the image to open in full size.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attac...8&d=1195243855

Last edited by bail_w; 29th September 2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 1st October 2009, 09:56 PM   #109
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to sandfire
Hey Guys I have this system too with the 15 pin and spring connectors and i was wondering if anyone could help me out how to get it to work without the controller! and show me what i will need! If you have pictures on how or a vid that would work too! thanks to anyone that can help me!
Old 2nd October 2009, 03:34 AM   #110
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfire View Post
Hey Guys I have this system too with the 15 pin and spring connectors and i was wondering if anyone could help me out how to get it to work without the controller! and show me what i will need! If you have pictures on how or a vid that would work too! thanks to anyone that can help me!
I will be assembling my own db15 connector to 3 stereo jacks this weeken, i will let you know how it goes.

Hide this!Advertise here!