simple power supply schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
been browsing/searching through the threads for a simple power supply schematic that would power an OPA549 chip amp I'm planning on building (for guitar amp use)... and can't seem to find a basic schematic in this forum?

could anyone guide me to a schematic that I could follow...

I'm not to knowledgeable in electronics but could follow a schematic

thanks

thanks for the link... very helpful indeed

My amp would be based on the OPA549 which according to the data sheet could handle voltages between 4 and 30V, would using a different transformer, say an 18-0-18, help? I plan on having rail voltage of 20V what size transformer should I use?

To find out what the voltage will be after retification, use this formula

Vac * square root of 2 (1.4142)

Ex:

18Vac * 1.4142 = 25.4556Vdc

You want 20Vdc. Just turn the formula to:

20Vdc / 1.4142 = 14.1422

A transformer of 14Vac is the closest you will get, but 15Vac would be just as fine to in your case.

Hi Lgreen,
Could you describe the process for making the wav files? maybe a new thread with all the details for us newbies.
How about describing how we can generate different levels, eg.-20db -10db,-3db,-0.1db as well as -6db. is it possible to generate -0db without risking clipping of the signal?
and maybe a two tone sample for IMD tests.

Then how to get those signals out of the PC, both via the sound card with minimal degradation and onto a CD for audio testing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.