RCA HC2000H module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody,

I was wondering if anyone heard of an RCA HC2000H amp module made around 1975 it was rated at around 60W to 100W depending on the model, I have built 3 identical amps (stereo) with these modules and I have to say they where pretty good... especially because I had put regulated power supplies (+/-) in each amp... I still have one of them lying around in my storage room and I will post some pics another day.

Thank you all for reading me and happy listening
Maurice442

I have seen this hybrid op amp used in a 1970's-era gramophone-recording lathe for energizing the depth coil.. The bi-polar supply in that application uses two 7818 regulators: one, using pin 2; the other, pin 3 - so. the rails are roughly at half of the maximum permissible potential across pins 10 and 1 (75V) of the RCA op amp. Its hybrid design has a very robust architecture with a full metal jacket that's hermetically sealed. Makes sense that it sounds good driving loudspeakers, since it's quite precise. When controlling the vertical position of the lathe's yoke, the RCA's output voltage corresponds roughly linearly with changes in the width of the cut (e.g., 2V = 2 mils; 4V = 4 mils; 6V = 5.5 mils...)

servus,
Dingbat

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.