6 channel digital volume control

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've seen a digital volume control circuit made using DS1669 from Dallas semiconductors. Sadly, It is not available in area. Is there any substitute IC or circuit.

I need to control volume of 6 channel with a vol up and vol down key. Is there any circuit for that to use it in my home theater.

Please help me unless i've to use the old analog potentiometer:whazzat:

JB--- Werent you working on something with this chip? If so did it turn out or were you having issues?

I have samples of both the 5440, and the 5406 coming in this week. An EE i work with is really buggin' to have a look at both.

My only fear is that they are both so darn small. I might lose them in my hand!!

-reever

reever said:
JB--- Werent you working on something with this chip? If so did it turn out or were you having issues?

I have samples of both the 5440, and the 5406 coming in this week. An EE i work with is really buggin' to have a look at both.

My only fear is that they are both so darn small. I might lose them in my hand!!

-reever

I am working on a very compact amp using the 5440. I have had no luck so far.. Made two boards. One was just badly designed, made near impossible to solder, The second I could get no response from. I am working on design 3 which is more modular. That way I can check each section more easily. Maxim are good at sending samples, just recieved my second pair of 5440's. recked the first pair

:xeye:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.