My LM3875 Poweramp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Circuit base on the gaincone, but without the volume....

And the gain is lower than the suggestion circuit.

The Power supply cap using a pair of the 4700uf
working voltage at +/-35V

Using the 470uf for the by-bass

Resistance using with the RMG Japan...

Sound looks great, still running-in!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

hatasa - real good DIY Audio!

hatasa,
this amplifier DOES NOT fit in,
in the "UGLY amplifier" thread.
I like your work very much.

I do not think there is any worrying for too much HEAT.
When listening to music in a normal way
not much cooling is needed.
And I am sure LM3875 can take a lot.

Of course Capacitors can suffer from heat.
That is why I never put them TOO CLOSE to big heatsinks.

/halo - wants to buy hatasa amps ... :)

Attachments

• hatasa - lm3875.jpg
    hatasa - lm3875.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 2,516
Hi, Good work, they look great

I've always wondered, those amps have 2 channels, they are 30 watts on 8 ohm each i think, can you bridge them?
to make like 60 watts on 8 ohm? Because I have like 5 lm3875 and i wanted to do something out of them.

gosh... that was bad sorry, I got mixed up with some other amplifier with similar a name ... My bad..

lm3875 are 56w into 8 ohm.... with a 100w peak.

bah.....

(no, I'm not drunk)
I'm at school, working on lab, just tought I'd take a pause to see whats up on diyaudio..

hatasa said:
Hi,Circuit base on the gaincone, but without the volume....

Using the 470uf for the by-bass Resistance using with the RMG Japan...
The only thing I would change is the Black Gates.
In my Opinion just a waste of money. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
And ordinary Resistors are absolutely good enough
for any circuit.

/halo - have a little less money, than others :clown: :clown:
and manage just as good anyway

ok call me an idiot, but i've been wanting to do a gainclone amp for a while (not the reason i'm an idiot ;) ) i only say that because i havent been able to find any schematics, so here i am asking. i'll probably be using lm3886t chips. so post a schematic for my simple mind. thanks
-Eric

Re: Re: My LM3875 Poweramp

Hi!

halojoy said:
/halo - have a little less money, than others :clown: :clown:
and manage just as good anyway

/nice statement, I could include that one as well as my catchy line...

Instead of BG I take Panasonic FC, not that cheap, either, but compared to BG...

The only part I make no compromises are the PSU caps... BHC SlitFoil all the way (if capacitance exceeds 5000 uF, else I also take paralleled Pana FC)...

Still I keep spending too much money on audio electronics which I never use after they are finished...

Nice Weekend!

Arndt

saletel said:
ok call me an idiot, but i've been wanting to do a gainclone amp for a while (not the reason i'm an idiot ;) ) i only say that because i havent been able to find any schematics, so here i am asking. i'll probably be using lm3886t chips. so post a schematic for my simple mind. thanks
-Eric

I built this one:

Resulting in:

Internals:

Rest of story and links on http://www.euronet.nl/~mgw/diy/uk_index.html GeenKloon project.

regards,

Maarten

Glad I read throw this post..Copy a schematic or two and checked my IC drawer and behold 1 LM3875. Junked a old mike amp for it's box and 2 hours later have a good looking single channel "Gainclone". Fired up with now problems and sounds pretty damn good. Didn't have anything other than a Spague 2.2 cap for the input but should do fine I'll hope. I'll look at it though the scope when I get a good tone generator, the one I use for R.F. amps is not to pretty.
Now I might just make a pair for my work room. I think for the size and ease to make that it sounds real good. Nice project...
Now to find a larger box or two that match.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
The only thing I would change is the Black Gates.In my Opinion just a waste of money. And ordinary Resistors are absolutely good enough for any circuit.

Halo, just try BG once and you'll talk a different story. Keep your open mind and experiment first and criticise afterwards. You won't for sure, I can tell you that.

What's the point anyway of changing them when they are already built in ?? A real waste of money...

Jean-Paul

hatasa said:
Hi,

Circuit base on the gaincone, but without the volume....

Using the 470uf for the by-bass

Resistance using with the RMG Japan...

Sound looks great, still running-in!

How does the sound compare to the Audio Research on the lower shelf? ;)
Lovely rendering of the Gainclone by the way!

Hi all,

Happy to got many feedback for the job.... ;)

Today I tried to operate the amp from 9am to 6pm. With the normal volume, ofcoz there are the room with the air condition.... The room temp. around 21c to 24c. I found that the case usually stand around 45-50c there! It looks quite stable....

I using the Redrose Rosebud Speaker
Preamp using with the Clone Marantz Model 7 tube line stage (And I dont think it matching well with the gainclone..... I building the new opamp preamp for the gaincone)

Source using the modified Pioneer DV-733A (US version should be Eilte DV47), with the LCaudio Zapfilter and the M2XO-1ppm clock module which using TCXO from the new company called MOD2.)

Will update more info on Monday..... bigeyes:

PS: Ah! Yes! Another amp which you saw on the photo is the AudioResearch Classic 30 Poweramp!:) :

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.