which tone control circuit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here’s a link to a National data sheet that shows the math for a simple treble/bass control in the application area of the data sheet. Similar relationships will hold for your circuit as well. You can adjust the values so that the bass will be very pronounced when turned up (if that’s what you want). With a 4558 I don’t think that R10/C8 are needed, though depending on layout, you may need a small value cap (around 33pF) from pin 7 to pin 6 for stability.

http://cache.national.com/ds/LM/LME49710.pdf

The volume control circuit you’re looking at will work with the tone controls when properly implemented. A simpler way would be to just raise the gain of the tone control buffer, either by increasing the value of R2 or reducing the value of R1 (your schematic), and installing a 50K volume pot at the input of the buffer.

thanks. adding 100k pot as volume control worked well. no need for volume control circuit anymore. and no need for mid range control too. i am happy with the circuit now.

:D

i have two more simple questions

1. is 4558 is good? i have a few of them and 1558 ic.
2. will a split power supply do a much better job?

thanks

What sounds good is somewhat subjective, someone’s tea is another’s poison. If you’re happy with the 4558 then leave it. If you want to experiment, use a socket and plug in different types of op amps and see what you get. Be aware that some people feel that sockets effect the sound a little bit.

I’m not sure that a split supply will gain much in this application, possibly the elimination of C1 and C11 is all (if the offset is low enough to allow C11’s removal). Getting rid of caps where practical can improve the sound though.

I have used this tone controll with great success...

practicemaneq.gif

I have used it with a Opamp buffer before the Tone controll and also useing a simple NPN Transistor buffer before the tone controll both worked very well.....

Cheers

Minion said:

I have used it with a Opamp buffer before the Tone controll and also useing a simple NPN Transistor buffer before the tone controll both worked very well.....

Cheers

I have used very similar than yours with OPA2132.Input from PGA2310 volume control (has buffered output).

And it sounds good I think.Not sure if it would sound better before the volume control chip:confused:

Minion said:

practicemaneq.gif

Cheers

hi,i am new be i used this circuit but bass is week, and treble also not clear. I need best tone control circuit for stk ic's. I am also used tda1524 it produce some noise.

i made tda1520a single ic volume,bass,treble control circuit and there was very little sound and noise on one channel after adjusting bass after a certain level which was not much. although i didnt touch the volume control. i changed the ic and still it was the same. those ic's were made by phillips. but the controls were not bad for such small circuit if it only didnt have that problem. LM1036N might do the job for you.

i am used tda1524,lm1036 also but i am not happy. OPA series ic's not available in my country so i used tl082, which is better choice. I am using option 3 fig 2 circuit its ok but bass is little week treble also not clear. Please tell me i need any changes in this circuit or better to got another circuit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.