Inverting amp + Class A bias. is it possible or not?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As we know the non inverting amp can be biassed by putting out some current via a resistor(the easiest way) from the output to V-

I've been searching for a while(and I admit that my skill is so decent :whazzat: ) and can not find any information on biasing the inverting amp into (more) class A. So I'm afraid that this is doable or not? please help :apathic:

Hey Archwn,

What you are looking to do (the best way) is called a "JFET Cascode." You can do a search right here on this site and find some audio only related info and even more but not only audio on Google.

Good Luck!

Regards//Keith

BTW, I have spent weeks researching this subject and .....

Archwn said:
As we know the non inverting amp can be biassed by putting out some current via a resistor(the easiest way) from the output to V-

I've been searching for a while(and I admit that my skill is so decent :whazzat: ) and can not find any information on biasing the inverting amp into (more) class A. So I'm afraid that this is doable or not? please help :apathic:

You can use the same trick on both inverting or non-inv. to force a class A operation. I have no idea what are the others talking about...

Hi,
Looking at it, the resistor or CCS pulls bias current through the upper half of the quasi output stage, shutting down the lower half.

Whether the output is in phase or out of phase with the input should not make any difference. The output is still working single ended.

Thanks Keith, darkfenriz and Andrew :)

Keith: no worries mate. at least I know your point was on the better way to bias the opamp rather than using a resistor. I'm still learning too. ;) I'm now looking into CCS using fet or LM317/LT1085 regs and every comments are at most welcome.

Now I dare to do it. Even the mechanism Andrew explained is far from me to understand, I would take the result then. :angel:

I will report if there is or is not a problem. :D

Cheers,

Archwn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.