Help with detecting/reducing ocilation on a gainclone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi,

Right now I am working on a gainclone amplifier. I have a 100K input potentiometer, the gain resistors and the filter caps all wired up. I heard that the best way to test for oscilation was to leave the input open, and put a resistor (1-10 ohms) across the output, and see if the amp gets warm. Sure enough, after about 5 minutes, it is too warm to hold for more than 10 seconds (the chip and the heatsink).

I can take it into the lab on friday to look for the oscilation, so I am wondering what types of tests I should run on it. I have access to a funcion generator, and 100MHz scopes.

Please outline a few tests that I could do, and what I can do to fix the oscilations that I probably already have.

I do have a 1 ohm resistor and a 1uF capacitor that I could use for a zobel across the output, but I hooked it up and I was still getting oscilations.

Thank you so much,
Paul Hilgeman

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.