Gainclone PCB suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
wboyd said:
Jaycee,

I am referring to the toner transfer method. After looking at a few different methods....it seems to be the most cost effective (and easier) one around.

I have been looking at eagle for a couple of days and it does not seem to hard to learn...I am hoping that there is library with the a good set of national chips (I can't seem to get the pin spacing just right).

Anyway, I am hoping to have some type of prototype drawing done by tonight....or if anyone of you have some Eagle "templates" that you could send me via e-mail...please feel free. My address is wboyd (at) iglou (dot) com.

Thanks,

Wayne

I've had a chance now to play wioth diptrace. My initial thoughts are positive. It seems easier to use, the library seems better, and the lm chips are supported. Looking at the instructions it seems to mate with lt spice. Have not tried this yet.

Certainly joining parts on the schematic is less hit and miss for me. This bit is much easier.

Blair

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
wboyd said:
I have been looking at eagle for a couple of days and it does not seem to hard to learn...I am hoping that there is library with the a good set of national chips (I can't seem to get the pin spacing just right).

Eagle isn't that hard to learn and does come with a decent library of parts. As you become more proficient with Eagle (or any other software) you'll find yourself wanting to create your own footprints and symbols, so it is definitely good to learn how to make your own.

My first go at chipamp PCB

I would like some feedback on my first LM3886 PCB.

There are several things that I am well aware of, but consider a neccesary tradeoff. If someone thinks otherwise or have got a brilliant solution I'd like their input.
1 - Signal input runs along negative supply for a good bit
2 - Decoupling caps are quite far away from their ICpins

This is because I will mount the IC with a clamp that runs straight infront of it.

http://student.hive.no/jnordby/gallery/AMP2schem.GIF
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.