5 channel transformer rating for LM4780/LM4781

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Noob here. Great forum. I need some advice on a budget 5 channel systems I'm designing for use with a PC. I'm planning on using a seperate powered subwoofer so I only need something for the other speakers. I'm looking at an LM4780 for the front and LM4781 for the rear. The speakers I'm planning to use are 4ohms and won't be asked to drive anything below 100Hz. I'm thinking of getting single transformer and run the LM4780 at +/- 18V unregulated and use some linear regs at +/- 12V for the Lm4781. Do you think this setup would work, and what rating transformer should I use (I'm thinking 160VA should be more than enough)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

YFW

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
The sound quality depends greatly on the power supply.
If you could feed good power supply to the amplifiers,you will get a very good sound.You will benefits more compared to hign end parts.

Of course,you should choose better transformers and capacitors.

the spec of transformer for 5 channel's +-18V unreg. and +-12V reg. voltage should be 14-0 5A x 2 and 12-0 1A x 2 or more power rating.

besides enough power of transformer, the filter capacitor needs
exceeds 2 x 10000uF, than get good sound quality.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.