Birth of another gainclone around OPA549

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I started electronic hobby project ages ago when I was studying in junior high, but one thing that always bothered me was making a good quality PCB for the projects. I tried all methods handmade PCBs, photoresist boards, toner transfer method but the conlusion was nothing beats a PCB made through proper fabrication process.
Couple of months ago I found a small fabrication unit going bankrupt due poor management and I immediatley decided to buy it, and my relationships and management made it a success right away, as I dedicated it to DIYers, no setup charges no extra fee, require just gerber file and a nominal charge per square inch.
Now that became launch pad for my hobby project in good quality.
My first project was development of Gainlcone based around OPA549 (my favourite chip), now this could be a heated debate why OPA and why not LM3886, my reason is that LMs that I get are many a times fake, its only OPA that I could find (here) which are genuine.
I dont do monoblocks.
This is a stereo version.
and I look forward to feedback from the board so that improvements if any could be made.
Right now I got about 30 PCBs done for myself, I needed about 6 of them for my own projects.
here is the top silk side of the PCB

Attachments

• dscn1128.jpg
    dscn1128.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 948
Hi guys:
sorry for late reply 1st may was a holiday here and yesterday I was on a training course.
In fact orders for PCBs is not what I wanted to do, however, just to give you an idea single sided boards cost around 0.8$ per sq in excluding postage, minimum two boards, double sided 1.5$ per square inch with a minimum track width of 12mils.
my email is rehanabid at the rate of gmail dot com.
next boards will have enamel coating on both sides and silk screen on top for single sided boards, etc.
I would appreciate comments/suggestions for improvement in the designs.
Look forward to inputs from the DIY community.

abid_rehan said:
here are the schematics though they are aweful, coz i modified LM3886 library to make OPA549, but I guess it works and solves my problem. Didnt get the time to make new library. PCB is about 5x2.2 inches.
Well I have got about 24 free PCBs, you are welcome to PM.

Regarding to the schematics you use 1kohm resistor from the noninverting input to the ground. Why is the value so low?
Just used to see something from 20kohm to 100kohm in this place. Maybe U have a reason, please, advise

ybserge:
Hi: normally I use PGA based input to the gainclone, out of hit and trial I got the best results around a resistor of 1 to 1.4K.
I have not much idea how technically it produces better results around this value and not higher like 20K or 100K, may be BrianGT, Peter D or other experts could enlighten us all on this....
Look forward to further comments.... :whazzat:

If you have 1kohm resistor to ground that would mean that your input impedance is about 2 kohms with the input resistor. That is a difficult load for a preamplifier. You might concider removing the input resistor and increasing the input-to-ground resistor to atleast 10 kohm. And if you have 0 mV dc offset in your preamp (cap in output) there is no need for the input capacitor.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.