Need advice for a 4 channel amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need to build a fairly high powered 4 channel amp for a project.

I have some parts from a 6x100W Kenwood receiver, but I can't get data sheets for the output IC's from Sanyo (STK413-220A)

I'm thinking of using 4 LM3875 IC's, but I really need around 100W RMS into 8 ohms per channel. Are there any IC's with the simplicity of the LM3875, but with a bit more power capacity?

I have parts salvaged from the receiver to build a power supply capable of about +/- 50 volts and plenty of current.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
Are you just trying to match the Kenwood specs of 100Wx6ch? Realistically, you probably won't need 100W per channel. Anything in the range of 10-50W (with low THD) will probably be just fine.

As far as the IC goes, do you mean the STK413-020A? Sanyo is saying it will be discontinued the end of May this year and the replacement or similar product is the STK416-120E.

http://www.semiconductor-sanyo.com/pamph_pdf_e/EI0019.pdf

ampslab.com has datasheets for some of the other Sanyo STK parts: http://www.ampslab.com/components_stk.htm

if you can find the stk 4044ii(100watt into 8ohm) or stk4046(120watt into 8 ohm) or 4048(15o watt into 8 ohm.THD 0,008%) but only in stock..the datasheets are still available.
i have just see the 4044ii and 4046 in my town with 20euro(4044) and 30euro(4046)...and i have built a 2 channelpower amp with stk4044ii,it's quite good chip...

p.s. sorry for my English...

The LM4780 looks like a great chip to try. I could buy 4 of them and have a 4x120W amp, and the transformer I have should be big enough to run all 4 channels without trouble.

What I am actually doing is building an amp for my digital theatre organ, which has two stereo "chambers", hence the need for 4 channels.

I am not looking to blow the windows out, just want lots of headroom in the amp. It will be driving a pair of Cerwin Vega SE 12" floor speakers, and a pair of Peavey 115PS 15" floor speakers with electrovoice EVM-15B Proline woofers. Both sets of speakers are 8 ohms.

Hi,
lm4702 will work on +-50Vdc and more.
It will drive 8ohm speakers with single or dual output devices.
It can drive 4ohm speakers with dual or triple output devices.

It's not a single chip solution but offers many of the chipamp self protection features.

The datasheet is very comprehensive.

One note of caution, don't use integrated darlingtons to reduce the semiconductor count.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.