Possible blown amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, I have done some simple trouble shooting with this fairly cheap amp that I have.. A Crunch Powerzone 2250. I think its 1000 watt amp... anyway, I checked all the fuses, 1 leading from the battery, and two in the amp and all looks good there. My problem is thatmy amp seems to be powered up, but there is no signal going to my subwoofer. However, when I mess with the crossover switch from Full, to High, to Low pass, there is a signal that is quickly sent to the sub and it powers the sub for about 2 seconds and the signal fades out.

The sub is not blown. There is a section of concern where the RCA cables from the head unit seemed to be smushed flat where they were tighted near a bolt(where the install tech ran them under the car molding). But I messed with these wires for a few minutes to see if there was a short and couldnt see any cause for concern.

Is the amp dead and I should consider getting a new one or is there something else I should look at?

Thanks for the help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.