Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th April 2007, 05:37 AM   #1
jz23 is offline jz23  United States
diyAudio Member

Default JL audio 1000/1 amplifier problem

out of the blue my amp didnt work anymore. it has leds to show if it power and another to show if it has low voltage. the power led would turn on the the low voltage led bout blink and everything would shut off and it would keep repeating that cycle. everytime it would shut off, i would notice all my lighting in my vehicle to dim. i took it out and put the leads on a volt meter to the +12v and the ground and it reported a short with a buzz(voltmeter). i took the panel off and didnt see any discoloration to any parts nor smelt any burning.. what should i test first and how? any help would be thankful.

p.s. anyone know about JL's service fee?
Old 6th April 2007, 05:50 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Call your favorite dealer, since they are the only people I know of that JL accepts calls or service returns from.
You must go through a verified dealer to get service < at least in California thats the way it is>

Best of luck

Hide this!Advertise here!