Creative Sound FR-125 in car

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone tried to use Creative Sound FR-125(seems like perfect speaker for this application) as cars front speakers. Currently I am using infinity 6.5in kappas with pivot tweeter. Tweeter crossed to woofer at about 3khz and even if I turn it toward seating area, there is very poor imaging. So I am thinking to put full range drivers instead, and aim them to front seating area. I am just curious if anyone has done it, especially I am interested in ideas on constructing tilted 6.5in to 4in adapter-bracket. I was thinking layered plywood disk with diagonal cut on one side.
p.s. I just made an upgrade by removing rear speakers, it's so much better without them, they were creating such a mess in sound.

fr125's are too pretty to be used in a car :)
I decided to go with 3way
full range driver from 350hz and up
modified jensen 6.5 woofers for 100-350 hz range
and 10in infinity sub from 100hz down.
I tried to use cambridge soundworks satellite speakers
for upper frequencies, they sound horrible, see attached measuring.
it is equalized! as far as player's 3band parametric equalizer allows.
now instead of cambridge speakers i want to try NS3-193-8A in small open baffles or aperiodic enclosures.

Attachments

• car1.jpg
    car1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 114
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.