Pyle car speaker reviews. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd March 2007, 06:41 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Pyle car speaker reviews.

Pyle seems to have everything between low end and "pro" stuff and weak reviews on any of it on the Internet. I couldn't find a single reviews on what I'm looking at.

I wanted to upgrade from stock speakers in a Corolla. The stock head unit will be used since it has a 6 disk CD changer in it, but I wanted to upgrade the speakers with the best matched speakers that would be a major upgrade (speakers from wal-mart would probably be a upgrade), but not go overkill and match up speakers that would be a wast of money to match up to the stock head unit.

A external amp will probably be used, but I don't know how good or bad the signal for the stock unit is.

Anyway, I was looking at these.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=267-727

Trying to find a middle road and a simple budget. It's for a Corolla, so I'm not going to throw wods of cash at it.
Old 25th March 2007, 06:35 PM   #2
Clipped is offline Clipped  Thailand
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Clipped
what year corrolla?

if its a newer one, fujitsu ten makes the radios for them, they also make eclipse.

i just did a 98 toyota suv with stock radio using line convertors and stock speakers....as long as you adjust the hi-pass crossover
correctly, you wllil be really surprised at what the stock system can do once amplified....the weal link is tweeters, youll need to add some...

but if you use the stock radio and stock speakers, you can save money for subs and amp.

you will be surprised by the stock system....if it is a newer model.

anyway i did this setup for a friend of mine and we were both like after we hooked everything up....he has a pair of tens in there too.
Old 25th March 2007, 08:03 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

It's for a 05 with the non JBL 6 speaker option. That's nice to know that the stock head unit is decent.

I never could find any decent info on the Pyle speakers other then they are a "pyle".

I was going to try these for the rear. Great reviews and at the moment, great price.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-qfHrbfM...0&I=023PCXB693
Old 26th March 2007, 01:18 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

" ... Pyle speakers other then they are a "pyle" ..."

Well, the Pyle driver sub woofers are fine enough for g'ment work and the price is right. http://justwoofers.com ... I have no complaints about the middies I've bought over the years either. Of course the cruox of the matter is a well tamed crossover = covers a world of sins when tweaked jus' so ...
Old 27th March 2007, 02:58 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

if possible try to get a line out convertor that is adjustable....or else the volume is going to be like a loose cannon.
Old 27th March 2007, 03:36 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

After some more looking (thanks for the Fujitsu info, it helped me find this), it looks like I have the Panasonic / Matsushita deck.

http://www.carstereohelp.com/toyota.htm

Is there a chance in hell, it could have RCA outputs? From what I've read, the Corolla for my year had a JBL upgrade option. I'm hoping that the deck would have RCA outputs for a amp.

Any ideal how I could find out? This is the first time that I've ever wanted to reuse the factory stereo. My wife loves the CD changer. We just need better sound out of it.
Old 27th March 2007, 04:38 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

you have to pull the deck and look at the back of the radio...

if you get confused by all the wires on the back and have a hard time telling which is which....in order to install the LOC;

you can look at the wire colors at the door speakers, this means you have to pull off the door panels (i know this sucks), but the wire colors will be there...and they will be the same as on the back of the radio.
------------------------------------------
take the wire colors from the front speakers, both sides...sometimes the back speakers dont have the same colors as on the back of the radio.
-----------------------------------------
running a 'remote turn on' wire to the new amp may be kinda tough, you have to find the wire that energizes when the key is in the 'acc' position...

there will be a wire for the power antennae coming from the radio, but you dont want this one...because when you turn off the tuner and play a cd...theres a good chance that wire will stop energizing....because the antennae is not needed while playing a cd....

installing a switch is the easiest way to go, if your fusebox is inside...you can find the fuse for the radio, and slip a small wire between the fuse and insertion slot, then gently push the fuse back into place...then put a switch on it.
-------------------------------------------
id recommend putting an extra set of tweeters with the stock speakers also.....it helps alot
Old 27th March 2007, 10:32 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

I know pulling the deck would tell me. I was wanting to take more of a research attack on it though.

Mainly, because I'm not looking forward to working with newer car (toyota) plastic clips and what not. Our roof got some hail damage and even the body shop is having trouble getting the clips for the sun visor right. They've broke the originals and still some how managed to break one new one. Eeeek.

The wires and work is not the problem. I've installed a few stereo's in the past and even hard wired a few without using install kits. I'm not looking forward to working on a 05 Corolla. I'm sure a few screws are used in some places, but they love the plastic clips that can break if not very carefully and properly removed. One mistake could cost a lot of money.
Old 28th March 2007, 04:15 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

maybe you could go down to the dealership and get a printout of the radio and available upgrades.

you can buy those clip removers, im not sure from where though.

from what ive noticed, the colder the body of the car, the more chance they have of breaking...park it out in the sun get it nice and hot.
Old 30th March 2007, 12:46 AM   #10
Jexx is offline Jexx  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Jexx
Quote:
installing a switch is the easiest way to go, if your fusebox is inside...you can find the fuse for the radio, and slip a small wire between the fuse and insertion slot, then gently push the fuse back into place...then put a switch on it.
Alternatively, a fuse could be found that only supplies power when the car is turned on--eliminating the need for a switch.

As for the pre-outs on your factory deck, it's possible to search out your receiver on ebay, and check out the seller's pics (they usually have pics of the rear of the decks), or even just ask the seller. But I'm 99.9% sure your stereo does not have RCA outs as I've never seen a factory stereo with pre-outs to this date.

There are much better speakers out there for the price of those Pyles...if ebay is an option, you might consider a pair of Infinity Reference's or Kappas, or, (and this would be the best as you don't have plans for a sub) Pioneer speakers. An excellent amplifier would be a PPI power or art series (they're around $100 or less on ebay for your power requirements) and they're some of the best amps made (check out the PC250 and PC2300 for starters), and still outperform many modern amps by a long shot. Alpine is a good second choice if you don't like to buy used, as well as Rockford Fosgate.

Hide this!Advertise here!