ever had your H/U refuse to eject a CD?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
if it's happened on 2 of the 3 units i've owned, then this must be an experience for many aftermarket owners.
what i want to know, is how many(likey, owners with expired warranties, like me?) of you ever got the courage to crack open their deck to see if it was nothing more than a dried out lubricant causing the CD to barely come out, only to go back in?
i'm looking for feedback about what you discovered and if you were able to fix it/how.
i've got an expensive pioneer premiere DEX P-9 CD tuner way out of warranty and NO money. it's the same CD for 6 months or the tuner!
please, if you have good or bad advice, post it here.
thanks for reading, jason

And me...

...with cd roms.

Hi slicey, mine has done this a few times, poking a opened paperclip into the little eject hole for a manual release doesn't work on my JVC. However, if I disconnect the power for a few seconds and reconnect it, I can eject normaly. My HU plays up if I burn a cd in my dvd writer, and play it in the car. If I use my sons PC with an LG cd burner, and I use Nero 5 ( Nero 6 is as bad as using DVD). I burn a disk at 2x at usualy its ok, even still, it skips here and there. Put in an original shop bought album, plays sweet as a nut! Go figure....

Cheers mikee55 :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.