Kenwood KAC-X201T will not turn on

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
can you give me an approximate location on those devices Perry? I think I've found them but none of the SMD parts have any designations next to them to let me know what is what and i have no schematic.Does the remote turn on signal run into this trio of transistors through a resistor and two diodes?

See attached.

Attachments

• kwq40678.gif
    kwq40678.gif
    17.7 KB · Views: 60
D303 is a 7.5v Zener. If it has 12+ volts across it, it's open. If you jump the zener out (solder a wire across it), the amp may power up.

There is a 3.3k resistor from the top terminal to the right terminal (collector to emitter) of Q408 so 3.3k is normal. Check to make sure the bottom two terminals are not shorted together. If they are, remove the transistor from the circuit.

d 302 is seeing 12 plus volts so should i replace that as well or is that diode a different voltage rating?Is it safe to try to power it up with wire soldered in place of those diodes as long as i make sure nothing gets shorted(like a power wire or something).I have some 6 volt zeners lying around will those work or do i need the 7.2?

well i soldered in the 6.2 volt zener in today and i'm happy to say that the amp finally works.This is by far the most troubleshooting I've ever had to do or I should say that Perry had to do for me :) I'd given up on this thing so many times.It feels good to finally get it going.All i need is that 7.5 volt zener and some terminal screws and i'll be able to finally put this thing to bed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.