T1000bd fried?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,
I have a Rockford Fosgate T1000bd Amp that I bought from ebay. It was playing good for about 2 months, and then out of no where 2 of the components got fried. I dont know how this happened, if someone does know could explain why, I would be very greatful. Also I was thinking of repairing this amp myself by buying the parts and soldering them on myself. I think that it would be less than the $208 fee Rockford Fosgate wants to charge me. Any ideas? Pictures below:

The Inside of the amp:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The problem area:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Starting with Q210 and working clockwise along the heatsink, check all 8 transistors. Set your meter to ohms. If any transistors have anything near zero ohms between any of their terminals, the transistors are likely defective.

If that's the case, I'd suggest sending it to rockford. I generally try to help with repairs but if the FETs are shorted the amp has a lot of damage. If you want to repair it, see if Rockford will sell you the inductor before you spend any money on parts.

If none of the transistors are shorted and Rockford will sell you the inductor, you may be able to repair it yourself.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.